Hello guys!
So I bought a line 6 spider III 75 watt off of eBay and would like to know how old the amp is as the seller was unaware. I tried researching when the spider III's were in production and when they ended but this info was difficult to come across!
The celestrian speaker is marked with 22JR, the front insignia of the "Line 6" logo does NOT have screws on either side of it like I've seen on some other models online." And finally the grill/mesh is more of a rusty faded silver look opposed to the dark black material mesh/grilled one I have seen.
If someone can help me identify the age, possible discrepancies between newer and older produced spider III 75w ones and anything else of value it would be most appreciated!
Thanks guys!
Last edited by predators1993 at Aug 20, 2016,
You're probably not going to get a good answer here. Line 6 Spiders are almost universally hated here, and nobody is going to care to do research on an amp they don't like.

If you ask me, the year of manufacture for an amp like a Spider III probably equates to nothing meaningful outside of aforementioned cosmetics.

Ask the Line 6 forum.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The Line 6 Spider III's debuted in the late 2000's - 2007-2009ish I believe. They were the 3rd installment of Line 6's entry Modeling Amp. They are reviled as one of the worst sounding amps money can buy in certain circles. Perfectly acceptable budget-friendly-practice amp if you ask me, but even then, I'd want a Epi Valve or a Tiny Terror.

The speaker is Celestion Made, just especially for the mass produced Line 6 products, so don't expect Vintage 30 or Greenback quality.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Last edited by Jonny Ryan Mac at Aug 22, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
the year of manufacture for an amp like a Spider III probably equates to nothing meaningful outside of aforementioned cosmetics.

Ask the Line 6 forum.

This.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.