Hello, my first post so hello to the community, thanks for having me, and thanks for reading!

I will try to be brief with my question, then some background info after to try to clarify what I am looking for...

Are there any floor pedal multi-effects processors on the market that allow for creating a custom chain of effects, especially stacking "Modulation" effects?

I have spent the entire day researching these devices, and of all the top contenders, it seems like when it comes to the Flanger/Chorus/Pitch Shifter/ category...it's like pick one, maybe two max and that is all...so weird such limitations in 2016?

My past experience (late 80's) has been pedals, all Boss - Super Distortion Feedbacker, Flanger, Chorus, Digital Delay DD-3 (I think...it's been while) and an Alesis Reverb at the end of the chain

Then, several years after I bought a used Roland GP-16 Digital Effects Guitar Processor...still works, but for me the 'Achilles Heel' is you have to choose one of Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Shifter/SPace D - it is one or none.

So, with my original line up of pedals I could use Chorus and Flanger at the same time, but with a sophisticated multi effects processor, my choices got limited. I improvised at the time and put the Flanger at the start of my chain into the GP-16...not ideal but it worked because it was used for some extra subtle warble, not full blown jet screaming "flanging"...and it worked great for my sound, but now it is 20 years later...band long broken up and now I am newly inspired to get back into music and looking at new gear and can't believe there is no external hardware to simply chain a bunch of stomp boxes together?

Yes, it can by done on a computer, but I am more interested in creating a live sound first.

I was looking at the Boss GT100 and Boss ME80, both looked great and price point...but it looked like the GT100 fell short on adding a certain number of effects in the chain, and the ME80 looked weak on effects editing...but maybe my eyes got blurry from trying to decipher user guides without the hardware in front of me...

Hope my question isn't confusing, and I am a relentless amateur so please forgive any terminology gaffes. I think today the most important term I never knew was "Modulation Effects".

Thanks all for your input and insights!
The GT-100 has a separate module just for chorus. Another for delay and reverb. Then there are two FX modules that are assignable. All modules can be on at once. So I guess that's three modulation effects not counting delay and reverb and one of them has to be chorus.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Hi Cathbard, thanks for the reply...yes, that is what I gathered from reading the manuals, and it seems like it should be way over the top sufficient...but what causes this FX1 and FX2 limitation of the full list of effects to be assigned to those "modules? Not asking you personally nor to be antagonistic at all, but just pure curiosity these days...Maybe a "rack" unit style device (like the GP-16) as opposed to floor/pedal device is what I am looking for?

Literally looking for a multi effects processor version of virtually stacking pedals of choice in a chain...maybe doesn't exist.

Thanks for your input.
I have a GP-8 and I once had a GP-16. I didn't like the 16.

Have a look at what can be assigned to the two FX blocks on page 53 of the manual. It's quite comprehensive.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cathbard, thanks for the hint on the GP-16...well I have the physical manual in front of me and looking at page 53 it is in the midst of MIDI madness...pretty much out of my league...

But anyway I will check this manual up and down for the clues you just gave me, that means there is hope! Maybe I don't have to reinvest in equipment.

Thanks and will report back what I hope is success.
If you already have pedals you like you could put them in the FX loop on the DMFX pedal and engage as many as you wish with one footswitch, or stack them one by one as needed. Lots of ways around standard DMFX stock signal chains.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
If you already have pedals you like you could put them in the FX loop on the DMFX pedal and engage as many as you wish with one footswitch, or stack them one by one as needed. Lots of ways around standard DMFX stock signal chains.

Hi Cajundaddy - thanks for the suggestion, I am new coming back to music so I had to look up the DMFX pedal... my pedals are long gone, and long ago I bought this Roland GP-16 unit as a replacement, which was great, but for me it always had a problem, the Chours/Flanger/Pitch Shifter/Space D choose one - no option to turn the others on. There was a work around...but just looking to modernize these days and everything looks so advanced and shiny...yet with the same limitations? Thanks all and keep the suggestions coming!
With the Gt-10 and Gt-100 you can also order the pedals any way you want, and it has an FX loop in case you want to use your amp's preamp in the chain as well. Many of the modulation effects are stereo, and you can also assign parameters to control with the foot pedal, i.e. you can use the pedal to control reverb volume, or tremolo speed, or whatever. You can also hook up an external pedal for even more ridiculousness. I've been using a GT-10 for about 8 years and I would be lost without it. mine is currently hooked up to 2 guitar amps, 1 power amp powering 2 2X12" in stereo, USB to my computer, digital to my DAW into studio monitors, and headphones on standby if need be, also I use it as an external soundcard for some recording and routing purposes. GT-10's can be found used around $200, the GT-100 probably isn't far off.
Hi hemiola, thanks for the info about the GT-10 and GT-100. The GT-100 looks amazing...I spent most of yesterday reading reviews and looking at the the manual, but is it true that there are only 2 slots to add more effects in the chain. FX1 and FX2? I think I understand it has several "global" effects, not sure if that is the correct term, like Delay, Chorus, EQ and reverb, and I think I understand there is a Send/Receive option that can be re-ordered in the chain. I find it baffling that the unit is limited to just 2 empty slots for more effects from a gigantic list. Am I reading and understanding that right? Thanks for your insights.
[quote="Cathbard

Have a look at what can be assigned to the two FX blocks on page 53 of the manual. It's quite comprehensive.[/QUOTE"]

Woops, I think you were pointing me to the GT-100 manual? My bad...too much of this last night --->
Anyway, yes that is quite a comprehensive list. Do you know if you can add multiple effects from that list in FX1 and FX2? Or can you only add 1 effect to each? Thanks
One per block.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100