I have some great pedals but some knobs are really easy to move around and have found some settings getting moved by a strong breeze. Don't want to use sharpie because I have seen it stain(not come off, as its designed to) nor glue the knobs since I want the option to move them if needed/wanted.

Suggestions? A phone pic is how I have been doing it, but wondering if there is a better way. Thanks folks!
Masking tape and a marker to indicate settings.
Take the knobs off the pots if you really want them to stay.

Didn't you already have a thread about this?
Not that I remember...? I just checked. Nothing from me anyways about the knob settings. I am thinking small tapes might work well. Not a bad idea.
Last edited by bass.desires at Aug 22, 2016,
I must be imagining things, I thought I saw this exact thread in the last day or two but I couldn't find it again. Deja vu.

Blue painters tape works well for me for saving settings, and comes off cleanly. Digitech has a neat little rubber piece that goes over the knobs to keep them parked, but that's only useful if you happen to have their pedals. Same with the Ibanez tone-lok designs.
Can you remove the knobs, put a rubber/silicone/felt washer over the post and replace the knob? The increase in friction would stabilize position without immobilizing the knob.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz I read that also tonight, I am going to stop by the store tomorrow or tuesday and see what they have that might work.
I imagine that- if you can't find something appropriate at a hardware store- you might be able to make some "washers" out of silicone trivets or those self-adhesive felt or silicone surface-saver pads. You know, those peel & stick pads you put under things like glass table tops?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 22, 2016,
I went through a ton of options, including just squirting a glob of that silicon caulking to hold the thing in place (easily peeled away). At one point, I put most of the pedals in a drawer in a rack case and lit them off with a MIDI setup. But when I wanted the pedal in a completely different configuration for another song, I'd end up buying a whole 'nother pedal.

This is yet another argument for using a multi-FX or modeler.
Even a MFX can have loosey-goosey knobs.

I did a google search and found some items designed for this exact thing but, some are $8 each(per knob) and that is just too much for me to justify spending on something I can tape.