Poll: Which pedal should I keep?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pedal should I keep?
Tremolo,
4 67%
Digital delay
2 33%
Voters: 6.
I am setting up an 8 pedal pedalboard. I got a compressor, overdrive and distortion as gains. I have chorus, flanger and phaser as modulation. Also, I have an Analog delay. Please note that I use reverb from the amp and have a tuner connected to the tuner output.)

My question is should I place a digital delay or a tremolo to compliment my selected pedals? I play blues rock and I like the older Pink Floyd sounds, from Dark Side of the Moon to Animals.
I'd lose one of the modulation pedals, personally. With the amount of overlap between chorus, flanger and phaser I'd bet you'll find one of them doesn't get much mileage at all.

That said, if it's absolutely between those two, I don't think the digital delay will offer much for blues rock that the analog one doesn't, so I'd say keep the tremolo.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
That's something you need to answer on your own. What do you need more for what you play? One pedal isn't better than the other.

If you really need a tremolo then why don't you take off one of your modulation pedals? I mean I would think you could probably dial in passable chorus sounds etc... with just a couple. Do you need all 3?
At least with a delay, you can use that pedal with quite a few different sounds. How often are you using a tremolo pedal for it to be completely needed on your board?

Again this is really something up to personal taste. Put the pedals on your board that gets you the sounds you need for the songs you play. Doesn't need to be more complicated than that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I never used the tremolo but fixing it on the board may force me to learn using it. On the other hand I use lots of modulation and delays.
So you never use a tremolo...see ya.
The again, you then have 2 delays. So both seem redundant for different reasons.
Personally I think each of your modulations can stay, different enough on their own rights.
So...neither? Or whichever you'll use more.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by ITU
I never used the tremolo but fixing it on the board may force me to learn using it. On the other hand I use lots of modulation and delays.
Do you want to use a tremolo? My amp has built-in tremolo and it's a nice effect but I haven't used it in months, but it's been used to great effect on many classic albums. Likewise, do you have a purpose for the digital delay or do you just have one so you figure you might as well have it on your board? If you don't get any use out of a pedal, you're probably not going to bother with it even if it is on your board. Have you considered something else altogether, like a wah?

Perhaps if your question is which one of your "leftovers" to keep, the answer is neither.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Yeah, the modulation pedals are different enough that each one has a different task in my sound.

I could have a short and a long delay. And I'm sure if I give it time I could learn to use the tremolo more. I have not played blues rock in a long time I was stuck playing punk and metal.
since no one asked what amp are you using? if you really don't use certain pedals then those would be the ones I'd loo at. either that or get a multi-fx unit to cover certain sounds. seems like you could do a few presets for your delay and modulation sounds that way and be ahead if you really need all of that. just a thought.
I am using a Fender hot rod. I prefer the single pedals. I have them in individual loops with a switch pedal.

Wah is an effect I do not like to use. Also, my loop switcher was 4 pedal before the preamp and 4 in the effects loop. I already have the front end full so the wah does not work in the loop. I am using the phaser as a filter mainly, replacing the wah. If I could get a pedal before the amp, the choice would be easy as I would go for a clean boost/overdrive.

If I wanted to just fill the space I could have placed an EQ in the loop. It works and would improve my tone. I'm really interested in using the tremolo. I am sure I would use another delay, but would it be wiser to try a tremolo?
Quote by ITU
I am using a Fender hot rod. I prefer the single pedals. I have them in individual loops with a switch pedal.

Wah is an effect I do not like to use. Also, my loop switcher was 4 pedal before the preamp and 4 in the effects loop. I already have the front end full so the wah does not work in the loop. I am using the phaser as a filter mainly, replacing the wah. If I could get a pedal before the amp, the choice would be easy as I would go for a clean boost/overdrive.

If I wanted to just fill the space I could have placed an EQ in the loop. It works and would improve my tone. I'm really interested in using the tremolo. I am sure I would use another delay, but would it be wiser to try a tremolo?

well you are the only one who really can say what you need or not. do you need a loop before the preamp? honestly knowing this I might be more inclined to say get a more versatile amp which might eliminate some of your worries. while i to am a fan of individual pedals as well sometimes once you get past a certain point it's more trouble than it's worth.
Quote by monwobobbo
well you are the only one who really can say what you need or not. do you need a loop before the preamp? honestly knowing this I might be more inclined to say get a more versatile amp which might eliminate some of your worries. while i to am a fan of individual pedals as well sometimes once you get past a certain point it's more trouble than it's worth.

I definitely need loops before the preamp, I need them for phaser, compressor, overdrive and fuzz.
Now that I think about it on the delay I say get you a girl who can do both and get a two or more preset delay; Providence chrono delay, source audio nemesis. Even a line 6 m5 where you have one delay per preset would do well.

I would even suggest this: off your single pedals for a used eventide modfactor (has tremolo as well) and one of those preset delay pedals.
I would suggest an eventide H9 but I'm still learning about it myself and how it works.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 22, 2016,
Quote by ITU
I definitely need loops before the preamp, I need them for phaser, compressor, overdrive and fuzz.

maybe I'm missing something but what is the difference between having a loop and just plugging the pedals into the front of your amp?
Quote by monwobobbo
maybe I'm missing something but what is the difference between having a loop and just plugging the pedals into the front of your amp?

I think he has a programmable looper based on the description. He can turn on different configurations at once instead of tap dancing between all of them.