Hey all,

Could really use some advice here. I have encountered a strange problem.

The other day, I was about to buy a new fuzz pedal, but when I plugged into my guitar to test it, I got SCREECHING feedback. I was like, well, I'm not buying this, and didn't think it was my guitar because I'd never had that problem.

Well, yesterday I was playing through my Blues Driver and the same thing happened. Just total squealing feedback.

My guitar plays straight through the amp completely fine. It's when I plug a pedal in and turn it on.

SO, is it my guitar? My amp? Doubt it would be 2 pedals with the same problem?

I play an SG through and AC 30. SG is only 7 years old but goes through a decent amount of abuse. Same for AC 30.

I'll probably have to take something to get repaired, but would like to have some knowledge of what might be wrong before I pay a guy to do something.

Thanks!
Last edited by Yorkeson at Aug 22, 2016,
What guitar do you have, how are you setting the pedals, how are you running them into your amp? Is your amp on the clean channel? What kind of amp is it?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R

Thanks for reply.

SG through an AC 30. Blues driver was on its own at the time, powered with a one spot. My amp is at the same settings I always run it at. No "clean" channel, but I do have cable plugged into the "normal" input and the master at about 1/2 and the normal volume at like 35-40%
How are you setting your pedals. Knob settings etc... Level, Distortion, Tone etc...

Do your pedals do it without the one spot as well (as in do you get the same issues when you are using pedal power)? Is your SG humbucker loaded or P90s.

So did you try the fuzz pedal with other guitars as well to find out if it's not your guitar that is causing the issue maybe?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Everything was around 50%. SG has humbuckers, 57 classics

The Fuzz I tried was battery powered and same thing happened.

I am going to try another guitar today and see what happens. In that case, I guess it's the amp (which would greatly disappoint me as this would be the second problem with the AC 30).
If you're getting squealing from your amp when you're packing on the gain it could be something as simple as a preamp tube going bad. If that's the case then it's not a big deal IMO and that happens sometimes. How old is the amp? Are you getting squealing from the amp if you start cranking the gain on the amp as well?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R

I get squealing with hardly any gain on either. With a tiny bit there's none, but at any playable level it's there.

Ima try another guitar in a few hours and report back with results.