Hello everyone. I am looking at this guitar online that I might purchase, and I cannot for the life of me figure what kind of guitar it is. I have looked everywhere for information. I figured I would post on here and see if anyone with more knowledge than me might be able to help out.

hinote.ryuu
That looks to me like some kind of cheap PRS copy. If you like that design I'd recommend taking a look at PRS, but I wouldn't recommend buying that one that's being sold online because who knows what could be wrong with it. If you can't even find the manufacturer it could be very risky

Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
Last edited by adexder at Aug 23, 2016,
Quote by adexder
hinote.ryuu
That looks to me like a PRS.

It's not a PRS at all.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Looks like a cheap PRS copy but do not get the two confused.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

OP, don't trust blurry pictures like that, especially when you're purchasing a guitar online. If you have not tried the exact model of guitar you're looking to buy, you're accepting a huge risk that you could get either, ripped off through a credit card/identity theft, or just straight up get a crappy guitar. The blurry images mean they're trying to hide something, and are trying to deceive you. If you want a new guitar, but don't have the money, wait. Trust me. Save up for what you want, and you'll be happy to no end.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by acdc51502112
OP, don't trust blurry pictures like that, especially when you're purchasing a guitar online. If you have not tried the exact model of guitar you're looking to buy, you're accepting a huge risk that you could get either, ripped off through a credit card/identity theft, or just straight up get a crappy guitar. The blurry images mean they're trying to hide something, and are trying to deceive you. If you want a new guitar, but don't have the money, wait. Trust me. Save up for what you want, and you'll be happy to no end.

That's a bit far.

I agree with most of your points but things like that identity theft shit is and CC ripoffs are a huge stretch. Like, that can happen but really at the end of the day, this guy has a cheapo import guitar and is just trying to get rid of it. I would bet that if you asked the seller for more pictures he could provide that as well. This isn't fraud. It's just a crappy guitar.

I'm all for being safe when buying blind. I'm not into unnecessary fear mongering.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Evilnine
Looks like a cheap PRS copy but do not get the two confused.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It's not a PRS at all.

Yes I know. That's why I said looks like it. It's obvious that it isn't judging by the inlays, a few body stylistic things, and a few more things. I was simply pointing out what it may look like!
Guitars:
Quote by adexder
Yes I know. That's why I said looks like it. It's obvious that it isn't judging by the inlays, a few body stylistic things, and a few more things. I was simply pointing out what it may look like!

Thats great but that statement can be confusing to somebody that isn't experienced and they might consider your comment as you saying it's a PRS which is far from the fact since this guitar seems to be an asian made budget instrument. You didn't really say you thought it was a copy or a clone either. You said 'it looks like a PRS' hence why people replied to that comment.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R
That's true. I'll edit my comment to make sure its correct. Thanks for pointing that out!
Guitars:
Quote by adexder
H4T3BR33D3R
That's true. I'll edit my comment to make sure its correct. Thanks for pointing that out!

No worries. For me it's best to be as specific as possible online cause unlike real life, people can't really catch on to implications etc... so it can be quite confusing (especially to newer players) when you make broad statements.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Wow thanks for the quick responses everyone, I really appreciate the help. I took a look at the link kabadi.man sent me and thats definitely the same brand. The guy is telling me it is a PRS made out of korea, but it has nothing to indicate that. Good thing is if I really want this guitar (which I don't think I do now) I could go try it out, this is through bookoo so there is no threat of me losing credit card info as it would be done in person. Judging by the information you guys gave me, his price of 250 euro is too high for such an unknown brand. I will be turning my attention elsewhere, so thanks again for helping me out everyone. I do like the design of that guitar though... :/
Quote by hinote.ryuu
Wow thanks for the quick responses everyone, I really appreciate the help. I took a look at the link kabadi.man sent me and thats definitely the same brand. The guy is telling me it is a PRS made out of korea, but it has nothing to indicate that. Good thing is if I really want this guitar (which I don't think I do now) I could go try it out, this is through bookoo so there is no threat of me losing credit card info as it would be done in person. Judging by the information you guys gave me, his price of 250 euro is too high for such an unknown brand. I will be turning my attention elsewhere, so thanks again for helping me out everyone. I do like the design of that guitar though... :/

If it really was a non USA made PRS then it would still have a PRS headstock and would have a PRS etched truss rod cover and an SE logo.

Honestly, I would probably pass just because the guy tried pawning it off to you as a real PRS and that's not a kind of person I want to be doing business with.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster