I was decided to add a Gravity Sunrise Mini 3mm to my string order. I love the feel of it but it's not as dynamic as my Eric Johnson Jazz IIIs and they're a lot brighter. Everything I play on the Gravity is very loud even when I play with a very light touch. I feel like I have less control over my tone than I did with the Jazz IIIs. Would I like a different Gravity pick or are my problems just the nature of acrylic? Gravity advertises their picks as louder and brighter than other picks. But the Sunrise is a very sharp pick and it's almost 3 times as thick as the Jazz III and those could also be the reasons I'm not totally converted. I really like the feeling of the 3mm pick and I love smaller picks. Would getting a rounded 3mm mini like a Striker or Classic solve my issues? I was also considering a 2.5mm Chicken Pick Badazz. Would that be better for me? Has anyone compared Chicken Picks to Gravity?

Edit: I checked the Sunrise out again but this time I changed settings to compensate for the added brightness. The tone is definitely better than the Jazz III now but it's still not as dynamic.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Aug 23, 2016,
I use the Razer Standard 2mm.

I'd gone, over time, from Fender Mediums to Dunlop Big Stubbies, and that took some time to redevelop dynamics. It's all in your technique.
I moved to the Razers because I wanted a sharper point and a smaller than standard pick (I have XXL hands). Since I've gotten used to them, I've pretty much settled in. Over time I've really appreciated the sharper point.

I haven't tried a Chicken Pick. I have tried the V Picks.

Apropos to nothing: So after I've been using the Razer 2 for a while, along comes YouTube entrepreneur Rob Chapman, who decides that HE likes the Razer 2 as well, and he gets a signature pick that includes some custom features and a color that isn't guaranteed to be lost (and we're talking a six buck pick, here), and while I don't have any particular affinity for Chappers, I soon realize that his custom picks work for me and that they're the same price as my non-customized pick, so I snagged a dozen during a 20% off sale. I think that when it's a six buck pick, you tend not to lose them. I do, however, lock them up when my pick-thieving friends drop by. Instead, I leave out bowls of Pick Punch picks done from old gift and credit cards. Very popular among the hipsters, who scoop them up as if they were popcorn.