Has anyone tried these? I'd like to use this to practice simply without having to set up everything and it looks pretty cool. I see a 75W for $300 and a 150 used for 350 so not too expensive either.
They work well and there are a lot of other things that you can use them for. I'd suggest the 150 at that price.
Deadlin3 Get the smallest and cheapest, because the 150 is complete sh%t in a jam session. That amp was terrible at jamming volumes, I spent 3 hours jamming with one at a friend's place last weekend - it was exceptionally terrible compared to a cheap Vox AC15, which the other player was using. As a practice amp it would probably be ok, so get the smaller one if you're hell bent on getting one because the extra size and wattage is not worth the extra cost - I would personally suggest getting a Roland Cube or Yamaha THR for a practcie amp because the interface on the Amplifi is terrible, you basically need your phone to really use it since the knobs are generic and provide no information. On a Roland or Yamaha you can just adjust everything right on the amp.

If you want something you can jam with, get a tube amp. I was actually shocked at how bad the Amplifi sounded in the context of a jam given that it is a new generation product and it looks very cool from an aesthetic standpoint. I was incredibly disappointed.
Quote by Deadlin3
Has anyone tried these? I'd like to use this to practice simply without having to set up everything and it looks pretty cool.

I have a friend who has one of these in her dorm room (the 150). She and her roommate share it (both play guitar and keyboards). They also use it as the sound system for their video setup, for their gaming and all the time as background music while studying. One of their positives is that "it doesn't *look* like a guitar amp."

Another positive is that they can have the entire interface on their phone/ipad. They can sit down to practice across the room from the Amplifi and make every change they want without ever having to walk to the amp. Reverb66 wasn't too pleased with that in his 3 hours of contact with it, but they find it highly intuitive and see standard guitar amps now as archaic. They routinely play against pre-recorded music (often stored on their iGizmos), and the whole thing is done with the one sound system. It's also the sound system for their keys and for the occasional acoustic guitar (it's much like an acoustic guitar amp in the range it provides).
Quote by reverb66
dspellman honestly, for practicing it's probably fine, which is why I would recommend a smaller model. For jamming it's terrible. The look is fantastic - I'll give you that!

What it appeared to me was being said was that you were too old and set in your ways to understand and appreciate newfangled technology...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Arby911 considering I build my own pc's, record using daws on pc, ipad, use Maschine, along all kinds of other VI's and plugins, use Bias , have used Guitar Rig, Amplitube and countless other sims, use a Roland Micro Cube for practicing sometimes, have used guitar sims on my old iphone through irig, and use a tube amp with an Eventide Timefactor - It's safe to say newfangled tech isn't very intimidating to me.
Quote by Arby911
What it appeared to me was being said was that you were too old and set in your ways to understand and appreciate newfangled technology...

I would never say that about (or to) reverb66.

Because then he would get cranky and tell you all about the high technology he DOES use and the next thing you know, you're being chased off the lawn and his walker is rattling.

Oh, wait.

Seriously, reverb66 said he didn't like it for jamming. Fair observation and a reasonable opinion and he DID only use it for a few hours, after all.
Since the TS was talking about using for a practice amp (which reverb66 agreed might be a decent use for it), I don't see a conflict there. But if you've got a 150 available used for just $50 more, it's a good buy compared to the new 75.