My guitar (ESP Eclipse-II) appears to be cutting my strings of my guitar. So far, I've only noticed it cutting the strings on the low E and A strings, and originally I thought it was just the strings being too old at first. That was, until I bought some new ones, (Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky, if you're interested in which strings I bought) and the exact same problem happened, just less than a week after buying them. Upon closer inspection of my strings, they appear to be cut in half on the inside...? The wound part of the string is still together, as it keeps its spiral shape over the bridge, but the wire that is wound around is cut/snapped in 2.

As you can probably tell, this isn't a fun problem, and if you know how to fix this issue, please let me know!
Your saddles probably need to be filed down a bit to get rid of burrs. Nothing major. If you can't do it yourself then take it into a shop and tell them your problems. Shouldn't cost much.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I had this very issue on my sg. I believe they have similar bridges with the wedge shaped string cutting devices. I filed the slots into nice curvy shapes and never ever broke a string again. That was 10 years ago. The only thing is that the string height is not adjustable so if you file down too much you get uneven strings. The other thing to do to avoid cutting your strings is to raise the tailpiece so that the strings have less than a 45 degree angle when stretched over the bridge. I bet you use palm muting a lot. I do anyway and the strings have no chance being bent over and over over those wedges.
Last edited by geo-rage at Aug 23, 2016,