Hi,

I am curious on people opinions on buying either a Gretsch 5420T Or Epiphone Emperor Swingster.

I am looking for something that will be versatile for both Jazz to swing to jump n jive to rockabilly. I dont need something to be doing hard rock as I already have guitars for that.

I have played both and dont have a problem with either of them. They both play fine but I just an after people opinions for what is probably going to be a better option for me.

Thanks.
Might want to take a look at the Agile Cool Cat as well. http://www.rondomusic.com/cgi-rondomusic/sb/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*0c1421a8d614cc26

I think it's got a thicker body, a wider body, a longer scale (25.25"). an ebony fretboard (the others are rosewood), real MOP inlays (the others are plastic), 22 frets (one of the others has 20, the Gretsch has 22 but most of those are very much buried in the body), the neck meets the body at the 16th fret (I think the others meet at the 14th fret). And the Cool Cat runs about $499 (plus case and shipping).