Page 1 of 2
For example, Friday the 13th (2009), Halloween (2007), A Nightmare on the Elm Street (2010), The Amazing Spider-Man (2012), Total Recall (2012), Fantastic Four (2015), The Punisher: War Zone (2008) and few to name it.

There are some movies that they just DON'T remake/reboot. No matter how great their versions are, the originals will always have more fans because they had epic film-making. The original Ben-Hur is one of these movies that's considered an absolute classic. Movie studios need to save a bunch of money and don't remaking/rebooting:
  • The Crow
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • Gone With the Wind
  • Dances With Wolves
  • Walk the Line
  • Crazy Heart
  • Casablanca
  • The Godfather
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Gladiator
  • Harry Potter series
  • Blade Runner
  • Indiana Jones series
  • Lawrence of Arabia
  • Die Hard
  • Back to the Future
  • Titantic
  • The Matrix trilogy

I could go on. I'm not interested in new version of classic movies, that's why I don't my money to watch them. To he honest, most of those remakes/reboots are/were lame because they're poorly acted, directed and written, with the exception of the Apes movies. I believe they're all $$$ grab for any reason and there is no need to be doing that so why studios have to do it is beyond me. Some of them are quick, some of them aren't quick. I'm of opinion of this masterpiece Ben-Hur shouldn't be remade AT ALL. If a movie is perfect or as close to perfect as it gets then just LEAVE IT DAMN ALONE! An upgrade in special effects isn't worth a deal if you have no hope of getting equal or better acting to go along with it.

I'm sure there will be some people begging for some remake/reboot of movies I mention earlier because they're some ignoramus hoes that they only care about modern technology here on UG site. Otherwise, most people will disagree with you on reboots/remakes you want because those of classic movies aren't happening anytime soon or never will.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold hardware)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
Quote by Hal-Sephira
For example, Friday the 13th (2009), Halloween (2007), A Nightmare on the Elm Street (2010), The Amazing Spider-Man (2012), Total Recall (2012), Fantastic Four (2015), The Punisher: War Zone (2008) and few to name it.

There are some movies that they just DON'T remake/reboot. No matter how great their versions are, the originals will always have more fans because they had epic film-making. The original Ben-Hur is one of these movies that's considered an absolute classic. Movie studios need to save a bunch of money and don't remaking/rebooting:
  • The Crow
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • Gone With the Wind
  • Dances With Wolves
  • Walk the Line
  • Crazy Heart
  • Casablanca
  • The Godfather
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Gladiator
  • Harry Potter series
  • Blade Runner
  • Indiana Jones series
  • Lawrence of Arabia
  • Die Hard
  • Back to the Future
  • Titantic
  • The Matrix trilogy

I could go on. I'm not interested in new version of classic movies, that's why I don't my money to watch them. To he honest, most of those remakes/reboots are/were lame because they're poorly acted, directed and written, with the exception of the Apes movies. I believe they're all $$$ grab for any reason and there is no need to be doing that so why studios have to do it is beyond me. Some of them are quick, some of them aren't quick. I'm of opinion of this masterpiece Ben-Hur shouldn't be remade AT ALL. If a movie is perfect or as close to perfect as it gets then just LEAVE IT DAMN ALONE! An upgrade in special effects isn't worth a deal if you have no hope of getting equal or better acting to go along with it.

I'm sure there will be some people begging for some remake/reboot of movies I mention earlier because they're some ignoramus hoes that they only care about modern technology here on UG site. Otherwise, most people will disagree with you on reboots/remakes you want because those of classic movies aren't happening anytime soon or never will.

Spiderman, Punisher, Fantastic Four all based on comics. Total Recall based on a book.

Lord of the Rings, Gone With The Wind, Dances With Wolves, Godfather, Oz, Crazy Heart, Harry Potter, Blade Runner, Die Hard, all based on books. The Crow was a comic. Walk the Line and Lawrence of Arabia are biopics. Titanic is historical fiction. Casablanca based on a play.

If you're referring to the Charlton Heston Ben Hur as an 'original' and 'classic' it's actually a remake of an earlier film that was based on a novel.

Not a great deal of originality in Hollywood in any era I'm afraid.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I gotta start using ignoramus hoes as an insult more often.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
like your threads, I don't care

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I ought to start a drinking game for whenever Hal makes a thread nobody cares about.

Additional shots for whenever he calls something s**t.
Because something something if so many people whine that remakes lack originality why do they keep paying film studios to make them etc.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 24, 2016,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I ought to start a drinking game for whenever Hal makes a thread nobody cares about.

Additional shots for whenever he calls something s**t.

Or says 'to be honest'

Or completely forgets how to grammar mid-sentence.

Or calls something very mainstream and average a classic like he's got some form of insight into media.

Best drinking game ever.
Remakes are almost always inferior to the originals. Comic book films are different though, because you expect new ones to be made all the time.
I have nothing important to say
Lol are you kidding the Harry Potter movies need to be remade and they are not classics. Actually it should be a TV series or something because they wouldn't have to leave as many things out that way, they could do a couple of chapters per episode.

I haven't really watched many reboots because I wasn't interested in the originals anyway and I suspect i have watched more reboots than I realize because I don't know the originals exist. The only ones I can think of right now are Ghostbusters (which I liked a lot more than the original) and Spiderman (which was ok but I've never watched the original in its entirety so whatever)
cat
So long as they're given a decent amount of time and aren't obnoxiously altered to fit a diversity quota there's usually only a 70% chance they'll be shit.

Which is more than can be said for videogames, where bullshit like skyrim is remade every fifth year.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Best drinking game ever.

inb4 we all need our stomachs pumped

Rebooting a movie to give it a diversity makeover is a shit idea. For example, I read an interview with Paul Feig about the Ghostbusters reboot where someone asked him for his inspiration about remaking the movie. His entire "big idea" that he felt would make it a hit, was to simply put in an all female lead cast. Nothing about writing a great plot or excellent character development, just hiring some actors with different genitals than the original series.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
inb4 we all need our stomachs pumped

Rebooting a movie to give it a diversity makeover is a shit idea. For example, I read an interview with Paul Feig about the Ghostbusters reboot where someone asked him for his inspiration about remaking the movie. His entire "big idea" that he felt would make it a hit, was to simply put in an all female lead cast. Nothing about writing a great plot or excellent character development, just hiring some actors with different genitals than the original series.

You've heard very different things to me. I've heard Feig talking about how the premise of Ghostbusters is so good that it'd be a shame to either let it die or keep making the same kind of stories about the same kind of people. He very explicitly made the movie he did because he wanted to mine the genius of the premise with a different angle on the characters.
This is the interview I'm referring to:

Quote by Paul Feig
I was thinking, “What guys would I hire?” But I work with funny women all the time, and it hit me: If I can just get the funniest women I know, that would be different.

Link to full interview if you wanna read it: http://deadline.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-melissa-mccarthy-kirsten-wiig-bill-murray-donald-trump-leslie-jones-kate-mckinnon-1201787413/
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica

Okay, but how is that anything like what you said? He spends the second half of that first paragraph talking at length about his reasoning for casting women, which has nothing to do with making it a 'hit' and everything to do with making it an interesting spin on the plot and characters.
Maybe I've understood it in a different fashion to you, my take on it was that his whole idea to make the film a different spin was simply to hire female actors And nothing there about perhaps making a great plot or using interesting effects or anything else.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Hiring female actors is different and interesting, though. I don't understand what you're complaining about. If they'd just remade it with another batch of guys playing the same characters it would have been astonishingly dull. Just casting women is already an interesting new idea, so what's the problem?
See, I don't think hiring an all female cast is a refreshing new idea, unless it has a good script or plot to support it. I don't see that putting women in a role held by a man previously is a novel thing to be honest. If an all female cast was hired, and it had a new amazing script etc, I would be less inclined to think the movie was trash, but the casting wasn't supported by good scripting or plot, so the hiring of a female cast becomes a bit of a nullity.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
nowadays what those concerned with representation in art seem to desire is for a cast to be able to, on command, form The Amazing Human Gradient.
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
The Amazing Human Gradient.

The what now? I'm actually genuinely intrigued
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
The what now? I'm actually genuinely intrigued
as in: no matter what you do as a writer, if you don't follow the rigid expectations of an audience that require you represent as many facets of human race, sexuality, gender and creed as possible, you'll get complained about for being X-ist by someone.

so what the predominantly left-authoritarian brand of social justice wants is - functionally speaking - a tokenistic 'human gradient'.
ha-haaa
Quote by BelowTheSun
Hiring female actors is different and interesting, though. I don't understand what you're complaining about. If they'd just remade it with another batch of guys playing the same characters it would have been astonishingly dull. Just casting women is already an interesting new idea, so what's the problem?

Not by itself. That's just a gimmick. It's bad to make gender a gimmick, y'know? There wasn't a higher purpose besides the marketability of it.

Quote by Banjocal
as in: no matter what you do as a writer, if you don't follow the rigid expectations of an audience that require you represent as many facets of human race, sexuality, gender and creed as possible, you'll get complained about for being X-ist by someone.

so what the predominantly left-authoritarian brand of social justice wants is - functionally speaking - a tokenistic 'human gradient'.

Fuck movies, man. You know what I mean?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
i think most films and most people are fine, to be fair to the medium

it's just a loud minority who've been buzzing in the ears of all the vidya and movies I've enjoyed recently

or I'm just #problematic
ha-haaa
I don't really have an opinion on this. Ask me when it comes up again...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I don't really have an opinion on this. Ask me when it comes up again...

Damn, I was really hoping someone who was there for both versions of The Day The Earth Stood Still could provide some insight
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Damn, I was really hoping someone who was there for both versions of The Day The Earth Stood Still could provide some insight

Or how Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds compared to Orson Welles' radio broadcast

Quote by i_lovemetallica

Quote by RAB11
Or how Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds compared to Orson Welles' radio broadcast

I don't know about that, but I can tell you that the original birth of the universe was better than the scene in "The Tree of Life"...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
It's puzzling why you care so much. If you're not interested in a remake, don't watch it. The original version will remain exactly the same.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
It's puzzling why you care so much. If you're not interested in a remake, don't watch it. The original version will remain exactly the same.
no it won't everything's RUINED
ha-haaa
who's ready for a dark and gritty reboot of reboot
Check out my band Disturbed
I can't think of any good remakes/reboots.

The Ghostbusters reboot was absolutely terrible.

And the Harry Potter movies are fine the way they are.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
i'm just hoping there's no reboot of taylor momsen's career

From what I've heard, Shin Gojira is a masterpiece, so reboots can be done right, you just have to have the right people involved.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Last edited by zgr0826 at Aug 24, 2016,
Page 1 of 2