Hey all,

I've recently bought all the pedals I want for my setup, and am about to get a pedalboard and power supply for them.
I was looking at the Voodoo labs pedal power 2, but it only has 8 inputs...and I have 9 pedals (all of them 9v bar my MXR 10 band eq which is 18v iirc)

Ideally I want something that can be mounted beneath a pedaltrain product.

An added bonus would be if it could also support power hungry units (Strymons etc, for when I upgrade a few of my pedals in the future)

Any ideas/recommendations?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Read up here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688869

You can chain two pedals together from the same tap presuming they are matched in voltage, tip polarity, etc. and the tap can provide enough mA. Also I would only put two pedals of the same "type" together, like two analog drives. But you do need an 18v tap for the MXR EQ unit.
I'm running 9 or 10 pedals I think.

I run a power strip under the board that has my MXR 10-band power supply and 2 One-Spots (I needed another extension cable and it as only $12 more for the entire combo so 1 One-Spot is up front and the other is in the loop). Works great.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
I'm running 9 or 10 pedals I think.

I run a power strip under the board that has my MXR 10-band power supply and 2 One-Spots (I needed another extension cable and it as only $12 more for the entire combo so 1 One-Spot is up front and the other is in the loop). Works great.
+1 to 1-Spots. Unless you're having really bad compatibility/noise problems, they get the job done and done good.
I would recommend using a power supply that has 'individually isolated points'.

I have an MXR dc brick I bought it for the same reason like you - for the 10 band EQ. The isolation is in groups, 7 at 8v in one transformer output and 3 at 18v in another transformer point. This unit is very noisy.

Then I got a Cioks DC5 that has individual isolation. It is more expensive but way more quiet. It has 1 output switchable to 18v and my model is designed to fit the pedaltrain mini.

Mine is a 5 output unit, but they have bigger units. Not sure if they have 18v output on the bigger ones. Alternatively, you could opt for 2 units supplying 5 pedals each and linking them to have only 1 wire.
So what's your budget for power?

The OneSpot Pro series look very cool.

I'm about $40 into power spread over 3 years.

Just can't justify $200+ on power at this point.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Quote by Will Lane
+1 to 1-Spots. Unless you're having really bad compatibility/noise problems, they get the job done and done good.

Got one of these currently, and getting a lot of noise

Quote by Gab_Azz
I would recommend using a power supply that has 'individually isolated points'.

Then I got a Cioks DC5 that has individual isolation. It is more expensive but way more quiet. It has 1 output switchable to 18v and my model is designed to fit the pedaltrain mini.

Mine is a 5 output unit, but they have bigger units. Not sure if they have 18v output on the bigger ones. Alternatively, you could opt for 2 units supplying 5 pedals each and linking them to have only 1 wire.

Looked at the Cioks, but no where near me stocks them. Do you know what wire would connect the two units, would this be the same cable that the courtesy outlet on the voodoo labs pedals would use?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
What are you using for patch cables?

I was using LiveWire 12" cables but stumbled across some Mogami 6" patch cables with pancake connectors for a great price and said what the hell.

Turns out all the noise on my pedal board went away, especially in the loop.

That led me to the second One-Spot based on the $12 uplift for the combo versus just the cable as I'm no where near the mA of a single One-Spot.

I split the power up so that the loop and up front didn't cross power supplies.

I have plenty of power to add more crap now too!

The board is very quiet now.

Here's my board for reference:

Front on a dedicated One-Spot - Pitchblack Plus > Bad Horsie 2 > Budda Zenman > Joyo Vintage Overdrive > MXR Black Label Chorus > ISP Decimator

Loop on a second dedicated One-Spot - MXR 10-Band (Dedicated PSU) > TC Elec Corona Chorus > TC Elec Vortex Flanger > TC Elec Flshback Delay > TC Elec Ditto Looper

The amp is a Mesa Roadster.

Hopefully this helps? I always start with the less expensive route first!

I was wondering how to sneak in a $200+ PSU past the wife and this setup actually works surprisingly well.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
No you would not be linking.the outputs but linking the mains input so the result would be.noise free. I got mine from the internet
Thanks for your comments, got everything sorted and the board is up and running

photo hosting
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat