For those unfamiliar with the term, here's the Wikipedia article.
Frisson (French for 'shiver') is a sensation somewhat like shivering, usually caused by stimuli. It is typically expressed as an overwhelming emotional response combined with piloerection (goosebumps). Stimuli that produce a response are specific to the individual.

Frisson is of short duration, usually no more than 4–5 seconds, usually pleasurable.[1] Typical stimuli include loud passages of music and passages that violate some level of musical expectation.[2]

It has been shown that during frisson, the skin of the lower back flexes, and shivers rise upward and inward from the shoulders, up the neck, and may extend to the cheeks and scalp. The face may become flush, hair follicles experience piloerection. This frequently occurs in a series of 'waves' moving up the back in rapid succession. The frissoner usually feels the experience as involuntary.

It has been shown that some experiencing musical frisson report reduced excitement when under administration of naloxone (an opioid receptor antagonist), suggesting musical frisson gives rise to endogenous opioid peptides similar to other pleasurable experiences.[3] Frisson may be enhanced by the amplitude of the music and the temperature of the environment. Cool listening rooms and movie theaters may enhance the experience.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisson

For me, Mastodon's "Sleeping Giant" always triggers this for me. Pretty much the entire intro is one frisson after another - multiple musicgasms, if you will.

So what songs/pieces/diddies/tunes make you feel this sensation?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

deedly-dooooooo
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
*ditties

but on topic:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Last edited by EpiExplorer at Aug 24, 2016,

2:07 onwards

chills every time

when the drums kick in

fuck

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
epi can u spoiler when you post a shit ton of videos i mean one is okay but when you post like 17 at a time a bit of discretion should be advised

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
This all day

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
epi can u spoiler when you post a shit ton of videos i mean one is okay but when you post like 17 at a time a bit of discretion should be advised

ok jus 4 u bbekins
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Should be a rule for any thread like this because 20 posts with 1 vid each is exactly the same tbh.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Here's another couple that just do it for me.

Quote by ErikLensherr

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
oh i get that all the time

never knew there was a word for it
This one is specifically at "we stand before this cast, and bow only to you".

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 24, 2016,

Chorus at 4:15 brilliant build up also
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Literally this entire song is pretty much just one giant frisson for me.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Neil Young - Ohio

Bright Eyes - Landlocked Blues

State Radio - Gunship Politico

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are-A Changin
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Lots of places in this song, particularly at 9:08 when the saxophone comes in after a super long buildup, as well as at 10:02 when it brings back the melody from the beginning of the song after not hearing it for quite a while and then when it does it again a little later with a heavier bass riff driving it along. Frissons all over the place in this song, especially the first time I heard it.

The only other obvious one I can think of off the top of my head are a lot of the licks David Gilmour plays and moments in Pink Floyd songs. Can't think of one in particular and it's highly dependent on my mood.
Quote by Banjocal
also

4:50

That's nice.

Quote by ErikLensherr

So does your sudden frequent posting mean that you got divorced?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
So does your sudden frequent posting mean that you got divorced?

Rude. And no. Still blissfully married.

Quote by ErikLensherr

happy people don't post on Ultimate Guitarchan m8
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by Banjocal

That's my secret, dude. I'm a walking paradox.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
I'm a walking paradox.
And now I'm reciting Tyler, the Creator lyrics in my head
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Good. That was my intention, and I'm pleased to know that my plan went perfectly.

Quote by ErikLensherr