Poll: How do you feel about that type of person?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about that type of person?
Awful
15 65%
Horrible
13 57%
Terrible
17 74%
The Worst
13 57%
Voters: 23.
Page 2 of 6
Quote by Banjocal
and I don't know how they listen to punk

i hate green day

too soon

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by TobusRex
I couldn't care less what music other people like. What sort of idiot hates somebody because they have varied tastes?

It's about hating them because they are stupid.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Cardbored
When I ask people what kind of music they like and they say "I listen to everything" it's almost always followed by "..except country".

"...except country, and..." What genres do they listen to if they don't listen to any genres other than rock apparently?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Guitar0player
Its not a matter of hating someone because of an actual reason, it's about hating someone for the sake of boosting your own ego.

How would this boost my ego exactly?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Worst thing is when you ask someone what music do they like and they say "I listen to a bit of everything!" so you ask them "Do you like Shai Hulud?" and they have never heard of them

Never heard of the band, but I caught the reference because I've been rereading the Dune series lately.

Googled the band and saw metalcore in the description.
Quote by theogonia777
"...except country, and..." What genres do they listen to if they don't listen to any genres other than rock apparently?

Idk but I just wanted to share my experience since I thought it was funny getting the response word for word.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by slipknot5678
I don't claim to have diverse taste or anything, but i don't stick to a certain genre either.

See? And that's fine because you're not trying to act like your taste is super eclectic.

For the record I don't think there is anything wrong with only liking one type of music.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Never heard of the band, but I caught the reference because I've been rereading the Dune series lately.

Googled the band and saw metalcore in the description.

they're one of the seminal hardcore/metalcore bands

proper metalcore

as opposed to like atreyu

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Shield150
the bicycling effect

Totes def
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
This song was one of my faves of 2013 but never got round to getting the whole album.

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Banjocal
great, now I have to write more slash fiction.

Ok, I did not give you permission for that! That being said, I hereby grant the permission, but it had better be very good. It's not often that I'm someone's muse, so I want to get the full experience
Yo this was my jam for a bit:

yes I might be weeb
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by EpiExplorer
This song was one of my faves of 2013 but never got round to getting the whole album.

they're a bloody good band

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
they're a bloody good band

Yeah, very original sounding. A lot of those mid-90's/early 00's bands had self identity, Converge, Botch, ETID, Dillinger Escape Plan etc. Very chaotic but with soul.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Yeah, very original sounding. A lot of those mid-90's/early 00's bands had self identity, Converge, Botch, ETID, Dillinger Escape Plan etc. Very chaotic but with soul.
probably because half of those are mathcore, one quarter is very very mathcore inspired and one is standard metalcore
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
The current guitarist/songwriter of New Found Glory (also Hayley William's husband) was a fdounding member of Shai Hulud lol

I think there's a lot of merit in Avenged Sevenfold's early stuff from a metalcore perspective though

Quote by Banjocal
probably because half of those are mathcore, one quarter is very very mathcore inspired and one is standard metalcore

Well for that part of history, that's what metalcore was, then KSE was like 'haha, no, we're just gonna write pop tunes' and then queue BMFV, Trivium, Atreyu, etc. and it just became really big. Kind of went off of the back of emo too, which was getting hype cuz of Green Days fashion and a bunch of relatively obscure stuff like Thrice.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by theogonia777
For the record I don't think there is anything wrong with only liking one type of music.

Good because I only listen to meme mashups
Quote by Banjocal

It's all screamo
Quote by EpiExplorer
Well for that part of history, that's what metalcore was, then KSE was like 'haha, no, we're just gonna write pop tunes' and then queue BMFV, Trivium, Atreyu, etc. and it just became really big. Kind of went off of the back of emo too, which was getting hype cuz of Green Days fashion and a bunch of relatively obscure stuff like Thrice.

Oh god BFMV. Thanks for reminding of that train wreck.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by theogonia777

I listen to both types of music, country AND western.

Quote by theogonia777
How would this boost my ego exactly?

Blah blah blah elistist hipster scene blah blah blah shit music to listen to because it is unfamiliar to anyone, or understandable to anyone blah blah blah tumblr.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I've never really liked BFMV, but I think everyone grew up with Hand of Blood cuz Need For Speed was a really good game series once.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EpiExplorer
I've never really liked BFMV, but I think everyone grew up with Hand of Blood cuz Need For Speed was a really good game series once.

BFMV and Atreyu were like the hair metal of the genre
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by EpiExplorer
Well for that part of history, that's what metalcore was,
nah there were plenty of bands that weren't into angular melody, odd time signatures, crazy dissonance and such

it's pretty distinct
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by theogonia777
See? And that's fine because you're not trying to act like your taste is super eclectic.

The only thing I've ever heard you say is how wrong everyone is and how right you are, for the love of god you like each post you make. The only time I saw you agree on something it was related to your vore fetish.
are you only just realizing that Kristen is poe's law made flesh or
Quote by EndTheRapture51
My favorite part in that BFMV video is when he is playing a strat.

Sure buddy, you're totally not using an EMG loaded POS into *insert ,metal map here*
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Banjocal
are you only just realizing that Kristen is poe's law made flesh or

Wow, that's an oddly specific term for this act. But I guess not, I suspected that for a while now. Doesnt make it any less annoying though.
My stance is if it sounds good to me I listen to it. I would say what I listen to is pretty diverse. While I'll stick with saying metal is my favorite genre, I can listen to and like most music. That being said, I do also think a lot of music is pure shit.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
RT though I don't blame most people. Country and Jazz Fusion suck.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Not sure how I feel about this. Using myself as an example I consider myself to have a relatively varied taste in music, above average but not the extremes required for UG self validation. Looking at my "top 12" bands though... using last.fm that has tracked my listening habits on and off since 2005 then you would say my listening habits are quite narrow and even mainstream.

1. Dream Theater
2. Tool
3. Coheed and Cambria
4. Metallica
5. Rage Against The Machine
6. A Perfect Circle
7. Linkin Park
8. Joe Satriani
9. The Prodigy
10. Pink Floyd
11. Audioslave
12. Sum 41

Wow that's still massively influenced by my younger self. Let's have a look for the last year maybe.

1. Bring Me The Horizon
2. Press to MECO
3. SikTh
4. Deftones
5. Coheed and Cambria
6. Dream Theater
7. TesseracT
8. Trash Boat
9. Rage Against The Machine
10. Ghost
11. Skyharbor
12. Black Peaks

So yeah it's all very guitar based music really isn't it? It kinda ignores my obsession with late 90's trance (like Sash!) or Psychedelic Trance (Infected Mushroom), a handful of rap/hiphop (like Dead Prez), blues (Walter Trout, Joanne Shaw Taylor etc), some country (Carrie Underwood), musicals (Rent is so good), a narrow bit of classical (mostly just The Planets Suite ), straight up pop (bit of Gaga haha) or electropop (Lorde), some folky stuff (The Civil Wars)...

So yeah I like little bits of lots of music but with a heavy rock/metal/prog weighting. Would you judge me based purely off my "top 12" bands?

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Banjocal
I know right.

I met this girl who was totally into me the other day and half way through my handjob I asked her what music she liked. She replied in kind so I figured she'd be open to something a bit kinky. I put on Runzelstirn & Gurgelstock's For Stringquartet And Asstrompet to get us in the mood and she hated it. What a fucking poser. I was disgusted and refused to let her finish me off.

1. What the hell is an asstrompet?

2. get over yourselves

3. Vote for every option? Don't mind if I do!
Quote by Blayney
Would you judge me based purely off my "top 12" bands?

Yes but for different reasons.
Quote by flexiblemile
1. What the hell is an asstrompet?

2. get over yourselves

3. Vote for every option? Don't mind if I do!

A fart
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by theogonia777
Yes but for different reasons.

Oh pray tell

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

If I had to list of what I listen to most of these days, it would be:

Devin Townsends 'Ghost', which is like prog-country-new age hippy nonsense
Scar Symmetry in every form
A bunch of japanese jazz and funk
A lot of Uneven Structures
Obscure electronic producers that do chill stuff but aren't shit at it (like Tipper)
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EpiExplorer
If I had to list of what I listen to most of these days, it would be:

Devin Townsends 'Ghost', which is like prog-country-new age hippy nonsense
Scar Symmetry in every form
A bunch of japanese jazz and funk
A lot of Uneven Structures
Obscure electronic producers that do chill stuff but aren't shit at it (like Tipper)

Do you wear flannel with all of that?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Do you wear flannel with all of that?

Naw, I despise flannel, very uncomfortable material, also makes me look unjustly boring.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak