I'm new to ultimate guitar and wanna see if anyone can recommend some good metal settings for the peavey valveking or any other 2 channel amp like the blackstar ht metal which seems promising. I really like bands that have a tight metal sound like megadeth, slayer, sepultura, machine head, despised icon and whitechapel (early)
Last edited by Elitoxicdawn at Aug 25, 2016,
Quote by Elitoxicdawn
I'm new to ultimate guitar and wanna see if anyone can recommend some good metal settings for the peavey valveking or any other 2 channel amp that I'm thinking of getting. I really like bands that have a hardcore metal sound like sepultura, machine head, biohazard and hatebreed.

there is a setting thread so this may get closed.

ok for starters you will need an overdrive pedal to get anywhere near those type of tones. the VK while a decent amp really doesn't do modern metal all that well without a fair bit of help. even with help it's not ideal. settings tend to be rather individual and unless someone has the exact same guitar etc as you then where I set my amp vs what will work for you may not be the same. best bet is to experiment. keep in mind that none of those bands use this kind of amp so kinda close is about as good as it gets.

with a Tubescreamer set as a boost (volume on 10, gain on 1-2 and tone to taste) I can get thrash metal tones that will work. I don't play modern downtuned metal so won't be as much help there. the VK doesn't have the bottom end that some of those bands require to nail the sound. make sure you turn off the boost button on the amp as it is worthless except at very low volumes when you don't have an overdrive pedal handy.
Quote by Elitoxicdawn
I metal settings for the peavey valveking or any other 2 channel amp that I'm thinking of getting.

How are we supposed to know what kind of amp you are thinking of getting?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Try again in the settings thread, or when you have an amp to work with. Theoretical settings for an amp you don't have are pointless.