So i bought a b.c rich mockingbird one guitar many months ago. i swapped out the pickups with 81/85 emg cost me 280 dollars 200 for the pickups then 80 to put them on because it required soldering and other things. Im having some serious fret buzzing even when playing the strings open when playing frets the buzzing is all on the 1-3 frets. its bad and me and my brother tried raising the bridge a few months ago but it doesn't fix the problem? Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking of just taking it to a guy i know (Paul Unkert) he installed my pickups and asking him to fix it because its extremely annoying. the guitar sounds great especially with the emg's but the fret buzzing is killing me.
Quote by santinorome971
So i bought a b.c rich mockingbird one guitar many months ago. i swapped out the pickups with 81/85 emg cost me 280 dollars 200 for the pickups then 80 to put them on because it required soldering and other things. Im having some serious fret buzzing even when playing the strings open when playing frets the buzzing is all on the 1-3 frets. its bad and me and my brother tried raising the bridge a few months ago but it doesn't fix the problem? Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking of just taking it to a guy i know (Paul Unkert) he installed my pickups and asking him to fix it because its extremely annoying. the guitar sounds great especially with the emg's but the fret buzzing is killing me.

Raising the bridge is going to ruin your action unless you like your strings high off of the neck, sounds like you may need a truss rod adjustment if you are not familiar with setting up guitars, working on frets, adjusting truss rod intonation and string height you will be better off taking it to a good tech.

Does it have a Floyd style tremolo on it? If so the tremolo could be outta whack not leveled etc. and again if you are not experienced with these types of tremolo systems you will be better off taking it to a tech.

Or if you are itching to learn how to DIY then you can try these threads or hit up YouTube:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by santinorome971

Here is my recommendation, find a local shop/luthier that has a PLEK machine if possible and ask them to PLEK it. Guitar will feel like a custom shop by the time that thing is done with it.
-Signature Stratocaster 'Super Galaxy'
-2015 Ibanez RG655 Prestige
-1990 Jackson Fusion Pro (MIJ), Customized w/ JB, Vintage Rails & Little '59. Kill-switch mod replacing the mid-sweep.

Orange OR15
Orange PPC2x12
Effects: Vox Satchurator, Fullton Fatboost FB3, Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah, Boss Waza Craft DM-2w Delay, Boss Super Chorus CH-1, Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Frets 1-3 buzzing? That sounds like a problem with the nut. Has it always done it?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .