Hey Guys! Been using UG for a while but signed up just now so can't say I'm new lol!

Been playing Acoustic Guitar for quite a long time, feeling to advance to Electric Guitar now.

I mainly wanna play ROCK AND ROLL primarily and BLUES secondarily. Mainly into Green Day, Three Days Grace etc. and I also like John Mayer for his Blues.

I want to buy a guitar for a long term basis since this'd be my hun for the next 3-4 years. So keep that in mind.

Now I am completely new to the Electric guitar scenario.

So far this is my choice for the looks and some other factors :- IBANEZ RG421EX

But the thing that troubles me is that it doesn't come with a Whammy Bar.

So please help me if this is the right choice for me or not, because I want the guitar on a long term basis, so missing out things won't be nice.

Is the Whammy Bar necessarily essential of an electric guitar? Can I buy it and get it fixed at a local shop? Please answer these questions.

If any other faults are there in this guitar please mention and suggest me.
kabadi.man Appreciated! Many thanks. Going for the guitar!
gggwilliam Thanks Man! Will get it by the end of the week. Haha!
ekenway55

Did you already buy it? If you did, please let us know what do you think about it and if it's what you expected it to be.
“Music is a necessity. After food, air, water and warmth, music is the next necessity of life.” - Keith Richards
Yeah, post some pics.
I have the RG421-WK, which makes my very curious about your opinion.
Hey Guys! Thanks for your suggestions!

thelukejohns juvion gilbertog

I have posted those pics on my profile and the guitar is absolutely awesome! However, the Marshall MG10CF's Drive channel was not as good as I expected, so I've ordered the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. Is it a good pick?

Thanks in advance.
ekenway55

When you mentioned Green Day and such, I was honestly confused as to why you'd want an RG...

But if you like it, congratulations! You happen to like any metal music?
"My dirt pedals are made of Hulk dick! (and Russian tanks and SRV's urine... which is yellow but full of Blues!)"

-tel_nobody