Page 1 of 2
is it just me or does all ambient music sound like music for airports
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
do you mean the album or the literal situation
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
do you mean the album or the literal situation

that's the joke
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
HA
Quote by ErikLensherr

I love ambient music. At the moment (and forever) my favourite track is Poa Alpina by Biosphere.

I really depends on what ambient you want to hear. For metal, Burzum has already been mentioned, but metal has a vast, seemingly neverending collection of ambient artists. Burzum I think might have had the most unique sound, but for example, you also have Lord Wind which makes you feel like you exist on the plains of the sahara, conquering tribes.

Of course you can't deny artists like Brian Eno their fair due. He's brilliant. I'll take a look and see what I have.
real talk when Eno's Lux album came back like 4 years ago I played a cut on the radio and a bus driver called and said it was going to make him fall asleep and crash the bus and he wanted to hear some Deep Purple and I would have told him to fuck off but he's a cool guy so I played Deep Purple for him
8 euros huh, I don't get the appeal, absynth 5 could generate all those sounds. I'd rather listen to asmr if I want background noise.

I always viewed ambient music as something for the background of like, videogames, or animation. It being most important in the horror genre.
Quote by severed-metal
you also have Lord Wind which makes you feel like you exist on the plains of the sahara, conquering tribes.

the whole point of the desert is that there aren't grassy plains first of all

second that's what the oud exists for

Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by theogonia777
the whole point of the desert is that there aren't grassy plains first of all

Plains have to be grassy? Let's call it a correction for a correction, you are wrong about the idea of plains, and I meant something entirely different. One hides behind arrogance, the other being ignorance. Together we form cluelessness.

I meant savannah

second that's what the oud exists for

Cloud? Loud? Proud? WHICH ONE IS IT???
don't tell me that you don't know the oud
nah I aint never heard of no "oud" before, listen to me, you're gonna tell me what I need to know about the oud or else

((Mood suiting ambient))

Quote by theogonia777
don't tell me that you don't know the oud
i have an oud
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
songs should never top 4 minutes

It's what I fall asleep to.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
bass communion

have you heard his other project Continuum (let's just call it 'power ambient')?

anyway a couple of favourites are

I might be seeing Stars of the Lid in November. Maybe
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 26, 2016,
Yeah, I had the entire bass communion discog at one point, including the rare Muslimgauze collabs, but it was all on my old comp and that died ;-;
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by steve_muse
post ur fave zzzzz jams

Discovered this gem recently: https://donnachacostello.bandcamp.com/album/stay-perfectly-still

this is good shit. i don't listen to much of it but i've gone through this album a few times.

often the stuff i find is too bubbly and dreamy. call me edgy but if you're gonna try to create musical a background for the human psyche you should try to reflect how broken and morbid it is

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by EpiExplorer

It's what I fall asleep to.

This is good

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
often the stuff i find is too bubbly and dreamy. call me edgy but if you're gonna try to create musical a background for the human psyche you should try to reflect how broken and morbid it is
I'm glad that you're starting to hum along to my tune
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by JamSessionFreak
This is good

Yeee, it's from the second CD of a metal album but that CD side is like 40 mins of pure ambient texture:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
i've always hummed that tune, the difference between you and me is that i don't find any nihilist or existentialist inspiration in the morbidness. i still find myself intoxicated by the thought of our productive and ideological forces but at the same time i find it strangely beautiful that those came to be from a species that can be so schizophrenic in nature.

i would still like to see the collectivist spectacles and drive of the 20th century in our societies but i'd want them to be complemented by the more tender, individualist tendencies of our time as well.

basically im not a sadboi

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
just a nerdlinger who wishes he was Zizek's gimp, then?

and hey I'm not a sadboi sometimes I get a feeling
Quote by EndTheRapture51
more or less yeah

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by severed-metal
I love ambient music. At the moment (and forever) my favourite track is Poa Alpina by Biosphere.

This is my favourite from Substrata...

I've been listening to Birmingham Frequencies a lot recently and I love this from it...

Also Kevin Drumm's Winter Ice...

Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Quote by severed-metal
nah I aint never heard of no "oud" before, listen to me, you're gonna tell me what I need to know about the oud or else

Quote by severed-metal

((Mood suiting ambient))

this is great and belongs to something made by david lynch

@bank I LOVE SOTL. that album is probs my most listened to thing lol

will be listening to the rest of those posted
Quote by ErikLensherr

Reminded me of these melechesh pieces:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by JamSessionFreak
this is good shit. i don't listen to much of it but i've gone through this album a few times.

I will try to improve my radical listening habits, comrade

also this is sick
Quote by ErikLensherr

i agree with Jam Session. I think he has a good point about ambient music, but I think that might reflect how someone views it as opposed to the nature of it. The dreamy ambient stylings of Biosphere are untouchable to me.

Any love for Industrial music, Jam Session? I've always found it darker than ambient for the most part with some very strange impressions given.

Quote by theogonia777
**Oudside of the box**

oud and proud, thanks theo
a bit, mostly laibach. other than that i don't know any industrial artists by name.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Page 1 of 2