Page 1 of 2
Maybe it's because I like strumming as fast and powerfully as possible, but whenever I really get into it and play punk rock, I always get blood splattered on my guitar. I don't mind it, it's no big deal, probably has something to do with my strumming technique. I don't do it deliberately, just wondering if anyone else gets this?
Don’t look up at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I can never do that." Look at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
Last edited by thesanchez101 at Aug 25, 2016,
Quote by thesanchez101
Maybe it's because I like strumming as fast and powerfully as possible, but whenever I really get into it and play punk rock, I always get blood splattered on my guitar. I reckon its cool haha, the cuts aren't bad enough to stop me from playing. Anyone else get this?

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I reckon you are a jackass. No, I do not get why you would do that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
theogonia777 I don't do it deliberately, just happens
Don’t look up at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I can never do that." Look at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
TobusRex same
Quote by thesanchez101
TobusRex same

Yeah, but they are actively trying to escape when I do it.
TobusRex Yeh I accidentally threw away the key for the cage

Quote by ErikLensherr

No but I bleed when I shit. Hemorrhoids. I saw it on a poster once and was like "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
one time i came home from school and had a lot of angst that i didn't know how to express so i started playing guitar and i dropped my pick and i didn't care so i kept playing and i ripped up my strumming hand real bad and then didn't wash my wash and i ended up getting a huge red line running up my hand and basically had blood poisoning. had to take mad antibiotics so i didn't die, literally

it's stupid basically lol
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I bleed red, white, & blue.

#Trump2106
#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
#DeportEmAllEspeciallyOP

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Baby Joel shit... maybe I should stop playing when I start bleeding....
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
. I saw it on a poster once and was like "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"

I love you.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by thesanchez101
Baby Joel shit... maybe I should stop playing when I start bleeding....
at least wash your hands or use hand sanitiser or something :p
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Sounds like you have terrible technique. Probably sound like ass, too.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Baby Joel Well I had a shower last night so hopefully that washed it away lol
It's cool that you don't care and all but you probably really suck at guitar and should probably fix that.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Well I used to beat the shit out of my strings when playing powerchords before, stopped because of that reason, sometimes I would strum so hard I would cut a little chunk of skin off my thumb finger with the strings, it's really stupid, I had to strum really carefully for the next week or so.

Haha I've done worse, I once took off a cast from my broken hand two days after having it put on, exclusively because I didn't want to stop practicing, I was really lucky the bone healed well
Joshua Garcia It's only when I'm strumming like crazy and not giving a fuck, when I play normally my strumming hand doesn't even come in contact with the strings.
I used to get a blood blister or whatever on my index finger but I only broke the skin & bled on my guitar once -- it was pretty br00tz.
Doesn't really happen anymore though 'cuz the new songs are less thrash & slash & more delicate picking (but somehow faster?).

Also I think I don't technically hold the guitar pick the right way, but it is what it is.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
No but I bleed when I shit. Hemorrhoids. I saw it on a poster once and was like "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"

Right on!
Quote by thesanchez101
Joshua Garcia It's only when I'm strumming like crazy and not giving a fuck, when I play normally my strumming hand doesn't even come in contact with the strings.

wait it's your strumming hand that's bleeding? holy shit ts how can you be this much of a fuckboi
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
this post is full of crap
one time I got a blister on my little finger and the next day I had to move those refrigerators
ehbacon A pretty big one according to everyone in this thread
ehbacon cheers
Quote by thesanchez101
You should probably start giving a f**k because bleeding is gross, not caring about it isn't cool and strumming like crazy sounds

And to answer your question, no. I'm at least 99% sure nobody else here gets this problem.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

Maybe should've posted this in the punk rock section instead :P
Quote by Baby Joel
one time i came home from school and had a lot of angst that i didn't know how to express so i started playing guitar and i dropped my pick and i didn't care so i kept playing and i ripped up my strumming hand real bad and then didn't wash my wash and i ended up getting a huge red line running up my hand and basically had blood poisoning. had to take mad antibiotics so i didn't die, literally

it's stupid basically lol

That same exact thing happened to me. In fact I had to have one of my hands amputated. It's cool. I've learned to use ....other body parts to compensate. Barre chords are a bitch though.
My hands will break out and bleed randomly in the winter time thanks to eczema, so yeah.
the only time i ever bled while playing guitar was the first time I broke a string, it was the high e and it cut my index finger a little, was unlucky it happened but lucky that it wasn't worse.

The longest I've continuously played without taking any substantial breaks is 4 hours, I don't play more than that because my fingers will start to hurt. I would never get to the point of actually making my own fingers bleed.
Quote by thesanchez101
Maybe should've posted this in the punk rock section instead :P
nah that subforum is dead as shit.

just go full Darby Crash and also carve shit into your chest while playing.

just dont go full GG because poopies in open wounds is bad.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
jakesmellspoo I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not?
Been there. Splattered blood all over the pickgaurd. Sounded awesome though. Because scraping a knuckle over the string just before picking sounds sic
Last edited by geo-rage at Aug 25, 2016,
geo-rage Looks awesome too
Quote by Joshua Garcia

And to answer your question, no. I'm at least 99% sure nobody else here gets this problem.
we used to call them posers
Quote by jakesmellspoo
just go full Death Grips and also carve shit into your chest while playing.
FTFY
Quote by SGstriker

Page 1 of 2