I have heard that he was singing in mixed voice at the end of his career! Is that true? Let's say "show must go on"! Is the chorus (b4 note) mixed or chest? It's not really high to sing with chest if you're a tenor, but I heard that it's not healthy. So is that mixed? later on the song he sings "I'll face it with a grin, I'm never givig in, on with the show" and that's a D5! That is mixed though! But I'm wondering if that b4 is mixed or not.

1:04 "b4"
3:27 "d5"
If you pay attention to trail of his end notes, "Shoo(C
5?)-oooo(C5?)-owwww(Bb4)~~~~". There's a very nice vibrato towards the end of the Bb4 when he starts fading it out. So definitely mix (btw I'm guessing the pitches based on memory, so please tell me if I've got them wrong). Usually only happens when people have spectacular technique.

P.S. Once you get good enough, all you really need to do is sit the coordination and let a little air through, and you get a crisp and clear note. That is actually the trick to getting nice full high notes. You only need a fraction of the amount of air to get the same intensity that you would in a D5 compared to a D4. It will feel less loud inside you mouth, but when you record it and listen back, it will sound just as loud.
Last edited by GoldenGuitar at Aug 26, 2016,
Quote by GoldenGuitar
If you pay attention to trail of his end notes, "Shoo(C
5?)-oooo(C5?)-owwww(Bb4)~~~~". There's a very nice vibrato towards the end of the Bb4 when he starts fading it out. So definitely mix (btw I'm guessing the pitches based on memory, so please tell me if I've got them wrong). Usually only happens when people have spectacular technique.

P.S. Once you get good enough, all you really need to do is sit the coordination and let a little air through, and you get a crisp and clear note. That is actually the trick to getting nice full high notes. You only need a fraction of the amount of air to get the same intensity that you would in a D5 compared to a D4. It will feel less loud inside you mouth, but when you record it and listen back, it will sound just as loud.

at the end, that's C#5-D5-C#5-B4
Thanks for the correction, that's what I get for trying to type a reply at 4am. Either that or I'm just getting old.

Edit: I actually took a listen to it (it's been a long time since I've heard this song), and the 'show' that is before the ending passage you mentioned above is a D5 to a C5. So have a listen to the trail of the C5 and see if you can hear what I'm talking about.
Last edited by GoldenGuitar at Aug 29, 2016,