Normally I'd congratulate myself, and I'm going to. Yay me. Moving on.

So let's talk about what wants to be done, here are a few things we had currently in the works that can now be adjusted:

-Rec thread, Metal Forum Primers Combination
-Weekly activity (album a week, something to that extent)
-More frequent modding (obviously)
-Tuning thread (how useful is it? can we update it?) Keeping it
-Distro thread

Some thoughts on things:

Things I will try doing are promoting threads to the top, or stickying them for a brief period of time. This will likely be done when some major things are out of the way.. Because of the nature and size of this forum, I've never seen an issue with doing this for the sake of exposure. In theory, this would mostly apply to threads with very few posts and haven't received any exposure.

I'm likely not going to warn/ban you if you're mean. We're all mean, horrible people. Except for Kyto, he's exempt because of his angelic nature.

Rec thread/forum primers, well I don't see why these things can't be combined. They aren't exclusive by any means and have very much the same content, just narrowed down for the primer. Truthfully we could just throw them in the same thread anyways. Primer supplements the already established rec thread (with a little touching up of course).

Thoughts?
I will be the face of evil, anarchy, and chaos, because everyone knows that every hero needs a villain to combat.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
You know how you can always tell the villain in a comic book? He's the exact opposite of the hero

-Samuel L. Jackson
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

First order of business for our new mod: demod the guy that stickied the Metallica thread.

Quote by progbass
I will be the face of evil, anarchy, and chaos, because everyone knows that every hero needs a villain to combat.

I already declared that this was me
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Also, as new mod, can you fix the last.fm plug-in on my home computer? It works fine at work and on my phone but its dodgy at home.

And whence begins our hostile takeover of the rest of UG, now that we have a figurehead?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Last edited by MHDrunk at Aug 27, 2016,
Nice Jon! Could we have some incentive to sticky the irc thread? I can manage that thread a little more and add some things to incorporate the activity here to have some "live chat" related to it. We could make a #metal channel specifically for the forum.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by MHDrunk
And whence begins our hostile takeover of the rest of UG, now that we have a figurehead?

We're like a dragon ship with a duck mounted on the front.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Thank you Kristen, yet again you have shown that you are in the "know." Having the duck at our helm confuses our into a brief period of reluctance to attack. This brief period will be our time to strike. For this you are promoted to Warlord Alpha General Killsten.

Quote by rg_metal
Nice Jon! Could we have some incentive to sticky the irc thread? I can manage that thread a little more and add some things to incorporate the activity here to have some "live chat" related to it. We could make a #metal channel specifically for the forum.

At the moment I'm still determining what should be stickied and where people could focus their efforts. I'll add it to the list.
I don't get why you don't just call me Kristen.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Because General Theo was the coolest person in Emperor Gestahl's army. Duh.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
Because General Theo was the coolest person in Emperor Gestahl's army. Duh.

And General Tsao was the coolest person in the Chicken Emperor's army.
Congratulations Jon. LEAD US TO VALHALLA BROTHER

---------------------------------------------------------

I would hypothesize that the tunings thread is probably an important asset to not necessarily any of us regulars but to other members of the site and all the 'guests' that are always lurking here.

One idea would be to maybe make a 'helpful threads' thread inside of which we can list all important threads - and sticky that. I think that the tunings thread, the IRC thread, and Chemicalfire's Forum Radio Archive thread would be good candidates to include in such a thread. Keep the Rec thread and your rules thread (if you keep one) outside as separate stickies. We could also include genre guides like \Powerslave/'s USPM thread. We could add threads to that while keeping the front page clean. Then there's still plenty of room to sticky weekly events and new singles or whatever without a billion stickies.

Meh, just a suggestion.

Quote by theogonia777
And General Tsao was the coolest person in the Chicken Emperor's army.
way to ruin a fine final fantasy 6 reference. You are a false. Don't entry
HESSIAN HAREM
I also propose that anyone who talks of anything other than anime and power metal be banned immediately.

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Aug 27, 2016,
^ I'm cool with that. I have watched much Dragonball Z and can discuss it at length. But all sub-DBZ anime discussion should be banned

I made a post in the Rec thread. it will be done once we figure out what's going on with the rec thread

If you want you can start on some preliminary lists for new bands anyways. No harm done there.
Once I have a full day available I'm going to contribute extensive thoughts on all your queries, Severed and folks. This past week and upcoming few days have been abnormally busy for myself.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Please do, you mentioned something about folk needing a review for metal recommendations thread so I'd love to hear your thoughts on that. I appreciate people's inputs as to how to make the forum a bit more interesting to those here at the very least. Hopefully to both persuade lurkers to come out from lurking (don't think I don't see you guys), and to make the forum accessible to newcomers.

Basically how I want things to go are: Rec thread > primers > helpful threads

then we can do the weeklies, general modding, what have you. Clean up the place a bit and that's it. Forum isn't back to its user base, but it's a start from the graveyard it has been.

slay the false and all that too.
Ok, unstickying for now because it's some mad clutter and I'd like to focus whatever little efforts we have on what we can do for the time being!