I'm looking to spend around $900 on a new or used guitar. My variety that I play is all over the place, I play Hendrix, Clapton, guns n roses, Rolling Stones etc also I play metal and hard rock. Right now I'm looking at a few used American strats a few Les Paul's and some new ESPs, mostly the EC 1000 also a few SGs, really don't know where to go with it and I realize each guitar is different to certain sounds I'm trying to achieve. Just looking for some opinions about what you would buy with a $900 budget doesn't have to be any guitars that I named.
Last edited by awokenjb3 at Aug 26, 2016,
well you might have to prioritize what you want playing wise as that is a pretty diverse list. one option I'd consider is to buy 2 guitars like say a used MIM Strat and perhaps a used Paul Reed Smith singlecut (some even come with trems) or perhaps one of their other styles. this would enable you to cover a fair amount of ground without major compromises.
With that variety, an HSS or HSH pickup configuration or even something allowing for split-coils would be something to look for given the ground to cover. I know Fender has the HSS option, but they don't hold that exclusively.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by monwobobbo
well you might have to prioritize what you want playing wise as that is a pretty diverse list. one option I'd consider is to buy 2 guitars like say a used MIM Strat and perhaps a used Paul Reed Smith singlecut (some even come with trems) or perhaps one of their other styles. this would enable you to cover a fair amount of ground without major compromises.
yeah I guess I should have specified I have an old beat up ESP and a Jackson already, to kind of narrow down a little more
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by bjgrifter
With that variety, an HSS or HSH pickup configuration or even something allowing for split-coils would be something to look for given the ground to cover. I know Fender has the HSS option, but they don't hold that exclusively.

Yeah I've seen a few of those they are interesting
Quote by Tony Done
I would go for some kind of HSS strat, whatever I liked the look and feel of.

Yeah I've really been looking for one, I've been eyeing a few strats regardless lol