Im looking for a distortion/overdrive pedal to sound like metallica RTL-AJFA. My budget might go a little higher and I'm fine with going used. I have only looked into the EHX Metal muff and Boss Mt2 so far. Thanks for reading .
Curb your expectations. You're not going to get anything close to sounding like Metallica for only $100.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 26, 2016,
The Metal Muff is a solid pedal. It will more than likely meet your expectations. But it won't sound like Metallica. You need lots of money for that.
Alright, ive looked at demos and im going with metal muff becuase i can mess with eq to het more bottom end It also sounds pretty cool on bass so thats an extra, butshould i go aftrer a chorus, tube screamer or wah next? P.S. Ive played guitar for only about a year so I dont think I need a wah wah just yet, but being honest I woild definetly play with it a lot!
dont waste your money, save up a for budget modeling amp geared toward metal sounds. you could get a used peavey vypyr 30 for the price of that pedal. or some sort of vip, both better for that sound than some horrible distortion peal.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
the (discontinued but some stores might still have stock) digitech hardwire metal distortion isn't bad, and isn't too dear.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah don't waste your cash on a bunch of pedals if you aren't going to start with an at least okay amp. Honestly with your budget I'd be looking at modeling amps used, or perhaps saving a bit and going with something like a POD HD and get some good headphones or a powered monitor to play through.

If you have an iPad there are even several inexpensive apps that sound a lot better than a Boss MT2. I use BIAS Amp and BIAS FX for just messing around, I've gotten some good sounds.

If I may ask, what are you playing through? That will help to make some better recommendations.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
steamingsoupbeg I made a lot of bad decisions buying pedals I didn't need/comprehend when I first started.

I would buy the distortion pedal and start saving up some cash. If you continue playing and making progress, consider getting a better amp, guitar, etc.

The long road of guitar pedals is a deep money pit that can be navigated with experience. There is a lot of disappointments down there if you don't exactly know what you want
Exactly. I bought SOOOO many bad distortion pedals. Better to just stick with something passable and save for the big upgrade.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by steamingsoupbeg
Alright, ive looked at demos and im going with metal muff becuase i can mess with eq to het more bottom end It also sounds pretty cool on bass so thats an extra, butshould i go aftrer a chorus, tube screamer or wah next? P.S. Ive played guitar for only about a year so I dont think I need a wah wah just yet, but being honest I woild definetly play with it a lot!

Have you checked out the Electro Harmonix Tone Tattoo? It's got a Metal Muff, chorus, and delay all in one enclosure. The main drawback is that you might want to split those effects up later if you have an amp with an effects loop, but they're fixed in that order.
I had a bunch of distortion pedals, including the metal muff, for this exact reason, and like other people said, its just a waste of money if you have a shitty amp.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.