Hey guys i was just wondering what your biggest frustration as a guitar player is? What troubles you guys the most when it comes to playing? Weather you're a beginner or advanced. For me it has to do with the theory. Let me know!
guitarguy6581 To be honest, I'm surprised we don't see more of these posts! I am an advanced guitarist, but I would have to say the biggest challenge for me is shredding. I've never really gotten the hang of it. Good questions!
Guitars make life so much better...
I've passed the beginner stage now but I remember very vividly when I was just starting, the most frustrating thing for me was to actually sit down and practice playing EVERY DAY. I learned the guitar by myself, so developing self-discipline was one of the hardest I think...

Every starter who decides to learn playing on his/her own must consider the fact that it needs a lot of self-discipline
“Music is a necessity. After food, air, water and warmth, music is the next necessity of life.” - Keith Richards
i agree 100% . You have to make practicing a habit . Once you develop the habit it becomes natural and a part of you . Science shows it takes 66 days to develop a habit . That's why most people quit because they don't see instant results so they give up . I only ask because I'm developing a course and I want to target the struggles that guitar players have . Let me know your input please !
guitarguy6581

I would say that It takes me ~30 days to develop a new habit and to put it in my subconscious mind. 30 days is the lowest possible number FOR ME. I don't know how is that for other people and I don't like that kind of scientific proofs because every human being is individual, but there are some similarities yeah, but I don't like to generalize things that way.

But generally, I think that learning a new skill takes a lot of mental energy. One needs to spend more mental energy than physical on his first and second months of practicing a new skill. Because If you feel lazy and just quit because of it, or you are not in a mood of playing or something like that, the results will be obvious... Learn about homeostasis

Btw, I've wrote a blog post about the difficulties of learning acoustic guitar on your own. You might find something useful there. If you want, I can PM you the link to my article, because I don't know if I can post here publicly.
“Music is a necessity. After food, air, water and warmth, music is the next necessity of life.” - Keith Richards