I recently bought a guitar with a floating Bridge (An Ibanez bridge) and out of the box all of the strings were slightly flat and the D string was sharp and I don't know how to tune it, guess I should of done my research. Should I use the machine heads and undo the locking nut to tune it or use the fine tuners for this?
Adjust the fine tuners till they're all about halfway along their range (i.e. they can move about as far up as they can down), then undo the locking nut and tune it using the machine heads. You should be able to get it perfectly in tune like that, then tighten the locking nuts. If that throws the strings sharp, loosen the locking nuts again and try to compensate with the machine heads so that you've got it pretty much in tune when the locking nuts are tightened. If you absolutely have to, make final adjustments with the fine tuners.

In short, the rule of thumb I recommend following is to make as little use of the fine tuners as possible in the initial tuning process, so that you have plenty of room to use them to correct the tuning in either direction as strings slip out of tune over time. That way, it'll be a longer time before you have to undo the locking nut and adjust the machine heads again.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Aug 27, 2016,
K33nbl4d3 Okay thank you for the advice. I was just tuning it with the fine tuners because they were a little sharp or flat but when I did a big divebomb or something it would go out of tune a little, the guitar needs a setup anyway so I will use our method once I have it set up properly, probably in a few days.