As some might have read, I was looking into buying a high end guitar to add to the collection. Played tons of guitars, from Gibson Custom Shop over Suhr, PRS, Nik Huber, Strandberg and others. All good guitars, but nothing I'd take home with me on the spot. Until I played this one.

It's a Mayones Regius 6. Not custom built for me, but it's pretty identical to what I would've specced apart from a different exotic wood.

Quick specs
  • 11-ply Maple-Mahogany-Amazekoe-Wenge neck-thru
  • Swamp Ash body (wings)
  • Buckeye Burl Top + headstock
  • Ebony fingerboard (16" radius)
  • Gloss top + headstock & satin back
  • Hipshot Grip-Lock tuners & ABM Fixed bridge
  • Seymour Duncan JB & Jazz w/coil split
  • Graph Tech nut, Switchcraft Jack, Schaller Straplocks included

Quick review
It's insane. Plays flawless. Sounds very articulate and is versatile beyond belief. It's super smooth on the back and feels like it could play itself. The pickups are a classic combination and sound great. Every note rings through and it has a lot of sustain. Finishing and fretwork are immaculate. Not a spot to be found where it's even a tad wonky or out of place. Absolutely flawless.

Pictures

Sounds clips might follow, not sure.
Last edited by I K0nijn I at Aug 27, 2016,
Duuuuuuude

I LOVE that top. Sweet looking axe you got there HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.

Sweet! Looks sharp!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
That looks incredible. HNAD!
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
MAAAAAAY-o!
May-ay-ay-o!
Mayones come and it bad to the bone

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Mm Mm Mm, that's s good looking fiddle. I would love to play a Mayones
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Damn.

I could afford one of these, but I could never, ever justify myself getting one.

This model is probably one of my favorite mayonnaise flavours.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 27, 2016,
Cheers guys!

Really great stuff, so anyone that's looking to play one, do so when you get the chance. I have to say I didn't find the Setius and Duvell models to be as exciting as the Regius FWIW. :P
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Holy crap!That is a sweeet looking guitar.It even looks like it plays like butter without even trying it
and that is b-e-a-utiful. I really want a Mayo atm. Time to get saving - how have you found the wood combo and the seymour duncans in it?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
and that is b-e-a-utiful. I really want a Mayo atm. Time to get saving - how have you found the wood combo and the seymour duncans in it?

It sounds great. I don't believe in wood making a big difference though. I also don't have anything remotely similar to this guitar.
HNGD!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Holy fuck, that is easily one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. My favorite feature is how tuners are setup on the headstock in such a way that tension is equal on all strings. Very cool.
Last edited by NewDayHappy at Jan 1, 2017,
Quote by NewDayHappy
Holy fuck, that is easily one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. My favorite feature is how tuners are setup on the headstock in such a way that tension is equal on all strings. Very cool.

This thread is 5 months old now.

Also the tension of the strings are behind the nut make no difference whatsoever to the amount of tension they have along the scale length.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This thread is 5 months old now.

Also the tension of the strings are behind the nut make no difference whatsoever to the amount of tension they have along the scale length.

Okay buddy. You're cool.
But are you?
Quote by TheSennaj
I thought you said I was cool. :/

What got your panties in a bunch?
Quote by TheSennaj
T00DEEPBLUE

I have a hard time reading emotions in text. My apologies.

I read something and I get different meanings out of what was intended.

My fault.
Sorry for double posting.

BUT

This thread deserves a double post. That guitar is fucking sick.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Old thread or not I missed it. Noice guitar kon!! ๐Ÿ˜€
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Cheers guys!

Really great stuff, so anyone that's looking to play one, do so when you get the chance. I have to say I didn't find the Setius and Duvell models to be as exciting as the Regius FWIW. :P

I've had the opposite experience.

I own a MasterBuilder series Mayones Duvell, and I'll happily admit I prefer the 'look' of a Regius. But no matter what, I'm yet to pick up a Regius that makes me go :O like that Duvell did, and still does.
Quote by alistairdunne1994
I've had the opposite experience.

I own a MasterBuilder series Mayones Duvell, and I'll happily admit I prefer the 'look' of a Regius. But no matter what, I'm yet to pick up a Regius that makes me go :O like that Duvell did, and still does.

Damn you! I was looking at one of them recently but couldn't justify the spend. I'm torn between the duvell and regius, I think I'd have to go custom either way to get exactly what I want.

What body wood is your duvell? As most of the regius's have sounded better and are more comfortable to me, but i prefer the shape of the duvell and how it plays, and was wondering if I'd prefer an Ash bodied Duvell (similar the John Browne Sig) with bareknuckles in rather than the standard SD combo (which seem fine but haven't wowed me)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Damn you! I was looking at one of them recently but couldn't justify the spend. I'm torn between the duvell and regius, I think I'd have to go custom either way to get exactly what I want.

What body wood is your duvell? As most of the regius's have sounded better and are more comfortable to me, but i prefer the shape of the duvell and how it plays, and was wondering if I'd prefer an Ash bodied Duvell (similar the John Browne Sig) with bareknuckles in rather than the standard SD combo (which seem fine but haven't wowed me)

I've had the opposite experience, as I said. On paper, I should like the Regius more. But in practice, I've never been like "DAAAAMMNNN" with a Regius. They're amazing, don't get me wrong. But, I think you have to be on the verge of orgasm when spending that sort of cash.

My Duvell, and I hope I'm right here. Is a Mahogany back, with a buckeye burl maple top. 5 ply Wenge/Bubinga Neck (jizz!!). Also has a matching buckeye burl maple headstock, which is different from the normal range of Duvell. As they normally just have a matte black headstock.

I have the SD Sentient/Nazgul set in it, which is what it came with. I've only played Regius models with Bare Knuckles in them, but none of them have blown me away. That could be down to the guitar or the amp, over the pickups though.
Quote by alistairdunne1994
I've had the opposite experience, as I said. On paper, I should like the Regius more. But in practice, I've never been like "DAAAAMMNNN" with a Regius. They're amazing, don't get me wrong. But, I think you have to be on the verge of orgasm when spending that sort of cash.

My Duvell, and I hope I'm right here. Is a Mahogany back, with a buckeye burl maple top. 5 ply Wenge/Bubinga Neck (jizz!!). Also has a matching buckeye burl maple headstock, which is different from the normal range of Duvell. As they normally just have a matte black headstock.

I have the SD Sentient/Nazgul set in it, which is what it came with. I've only played Regius models with Bare Knuckles in them, but none of them have blown me away. That could be down to the guitar or the amp, over the pickups though.

Yeah, there are so many variables to consider at that price, its just very hard to decide haha. Still those MBC duvells with buckeye burl looked incredible!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special