Page 1 of 3
Tenacious D - Jesus Ranch is pretty fun
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Changes with the times. As you play more, the same will happen to you.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by TheArmoredBat
Joshua Garcia

What?
Uhh... I'm not being complicated here. As a beginner, you'll learn more songs. And as you continue to learn more and more, you'll find that there is no "one" song that's your favorite to play, but instead that your "favorite" will depend on what you're into at the time.
Quote by snipelfritz

my own material
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
no real favorite, but there are a few riffs from songs i almost always play when i first pick up my guitar.

Books About Miles Davis, Upgrade to Poison, Float On, Like Sprewells on a Wheelchair.

for bass i always end up playing No Friends, Swordfish, Serrated Edge, and Myage.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by TheArmoredBat
ElMaco

Never listened to their music. How long did it take to learn?

I don't remember, like a second? it's really easy check it out
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
God Send Conspirator by Coheed
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I like to jam to immortality by Pearl Jam a lot, I put a live album of it in the background and improvise to the solos. Sounds like shit to anyone listening but I can only here my solo and the backing music, not both solos. Plus it's just practice so who cares.

I'm just noodling around now, mostly, working on a blues progression. I'm really in a rut lately and need to learn some new songs.
Last edited by TobusRex at Aug 27, 2016,
every song off Zeppelin II (except whole lotta love) on bass
Last edited by mattedbird at Aug 27, 2016,
I figured out how to play this the other day, so I've been enjoying that. Trying to also work on doing the backing vocals for the end bit.

And this song is always in my playlist to jam to
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by TheArmoredBat
i_lovemetallica

Your profile picture is majestic.

You heard it here first lads
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by TheArmoredBat
soundgarden1986

A drummer, huh?

yeah. i still "main" guitar even tho i dont play it in any band im in but i write a decent amount of the music and im the most technically proficient guitarist of them bunch. ive been playing for uhhh... 12 years now?

switched to drums as a permanent position as i think its more fun.

ive learned so many songs from metal gear and silent hill. i spent so much time listening to silent hill 2s soundtracks and over ambient sounds that i even know the tones for certain door creaks
for the longest time Everlong was my immediate warm up jam, I enjoyed playing it much more than I enjoyed listening to the song and it's very easy to sing and play at the same time back when I was trying to do that

Now it's mostly my own material since I don't actually know any songs in C# Standard/Drop B that I didn't write myself
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by RylanThePotato
for the longest time Everlong was my immediate warm up jam, I enjoyed playing it much more than I enjoyed listening to the song and it's very easy to sing and play at the same time back when I was trying to do that
I want to practice singing while playing guitar but I don't want anyone to hear me because then I'd get embarrassed.
Quote by snipelfritz

Am finding Crazy Train to be incredibly fun to play atm.

Rush's Limelight has been a go to for a while.

Any and all Hendrix.

My Morning Jacket's One Big Holiday.

Weezer's Buddy Holly

Tool's Schism

Sublime's Santeria and Badfish.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by mattedbird
every song off Zeppelin II (except whole lotta love) on bass

What about Communication Breakdown? JPJ's bassline during the chorus is orgasmic.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
What about Communication Breakdown? JPJ's bassline during the chorus is orgasmic.
that's a good one too....a lot of his stuff is entertaining to play, but Zep II is the only album for me that every song is fun enough to play all the way through.
Kashmir is incredibly fun to play too.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
Kashmir is incredibly fun to play too.
and a lot of different ideas about which way is right. I like to change it up throughout the song.
mattedbird
Quote by mattedbird
that's a good one too....a lot of his stuff is entertaining to play, but Zep II is the only album for me that every song is fun enough to play all the way through.
Was Ramble on on that album?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Page 1 of 3