Poll: Do I deserve a Gibson.
Poll Options
View poll results: Do I deserve a Gibson.
Yes
6 43%
No
8 57%
Voters: 14.
Based on this song and the guitar solo.....

Do you think I deserve to buy myself an expensive Gibson guitar?

Am I worth it?

Guitar solo at 2:15
Deliriumbassist

But then it also works that you might buy something and then think oh wait a minute, this is an overpriced tool for an activity that I'm not that good at, this was a waste of money.
think of everything else you could buy instead of an expensive gibson

MinterMan22

A car, but I have one.
Multiply it a few times and you have a down payment for a house.
Boy-o you don't need people telling you what you deserve and what you don't. Have some self worth.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
If you want one and have the money then buy one, there not a certain skill level you need to be before being allowed to own one.
Nah you gotta be level 50 until you can use it
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I bout myself a Les Paul when I was 20. I've used it live 5 times. I pick it up every few months and jam around on it.

Best damn guitar I've ever owned. Yeah. Buy one. Your song sucks, but it will be the last guitar you ever NEED.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
"Deserve" has no useful definition in this context.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
If you have the money why not.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
If you've been playing guitar for a while and consider yourself at least average... You definitely deserve a quality intstrument.
If you're just getting one to be a "collector" then whatever it's your money to waste, I dont really care or judge
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

whoever edited my post is a big loser
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Aug 28, 2016,
What you really need is a new amp
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
If your band is called Juvenile Child, the only thing you deserve is a scornful frown.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I think that an expensive Gibson is exactly what you deserve
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by paulpablo
Deliriumbassist

But then it also works that you might buy something and then think oh wait a minute, this is an overpriced tool for an activity that I'm not that good at, this was a waste of money.

Who cares if you're not good at it?

Do you want it?

Will you get pleasure from using it?

Are you capable of budgeting for long enough to set the spending money aside for it without going into debt and/or neglecting more important things like food?

If the answer to all three of these is yes, to hell with deserving it or not, to hell with being good enough for it or not. If you can't afford it or don't actually want it then that's another story, but if you can fit it into your spending money budget, and if you want it and having it will make you happy, that's all you need to know.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by paulpablo
I think I need an ESP. They're much better.

If you're so easily swayed, then maybe spending a few grand on a new guitar isn't a good idea.

ESP's and Gibsons are apples to oranges too. They're designed for entirely different player markets.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by paulpablo

I think you need a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by paulpablo
Consider that there are also things that do Gibson's thing as well or better for less money. Electra Omegas, the better Japanese copies from Edwards and such - stuff like that.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by ehbacon
not a new one, get a used one in good condition from awhile ago. New Gibson's are

Awhile being pre-1976 basically, and not really that cheap even by Gibson's ridiculous standards

Also you haven't even told us what you'd be replacing
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I would take that over a newer model Les Paul in a lot of situations personally and I don't even play much that would require a guitar to have that kind of natural tone

Honestly, not a terrible guitar
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I had to take the video down and replace it with a video where the drums had been edited properly. Thanks for the feedback on whether or not I deserve a Gibson everyone, it was really helpful.
"Deserve" is such a weird word to describe this kind of situation. If you are serious about blowing money on a high end guitar, go for like a Carvin or something. Better guitar and a million times as many options for like half the price. You can get like a ton of options for finishes and woods and neck profiles and bridges and everything that you could possibly want and more.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 28, 2016,
The type of guitar you own isnt based on "skill", it is based if you like it or not.

I mean, Keafer Sutherland had a signature Gibson and I doubt the guy can even play guitar.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Pastafarian96
I would take that over a newer model Les Paul in a lot of situations personally and I don't even play much that would require a guitar to have that kind of natural tone

Honestly, not a terrible guitar

tbh I've played new les paul models, and I like my epiphone les paul way more.