As you may see on my profile, I own a Jackson JS32. My thoughts on this guitar, it works well, I love the shape, but the Floyd Rose is such a pain in the ass. Anyways I'm going for a similar guitar, only this time without a Floyd. Some guitars I have in mind:

Schecter OMEN-6
Schecter C1
Dean Vendetta XMT (I'm less sure on this due to the super low price)
Ibanez RG6003FM
ESP LTD M-10

One thing I know for sure I'll be doing is going up to at least 10-52s like with my JS32, though I might possibly do other tunings (the JS32 is in Drop A#), but yeah. I kinda want another guitar.
Last edited by masonpearmain at Aug 28, 2016,
i wouldn't touch the dean.

as far as the budget goes, look for a used MIJ jackson (if you like jackson), DKMGT's are hardtail and pretty cheap. great bang for the buck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i wouldn't touch the dean.

as far as the budget goes, look for a used MIJ jackson (if you like jackson), DKMGT's are hardtail and pretty cheap. great bang for the buck.

To be fair, the only other Dean that didn't have an extremely tacky shape and wasn't a Floyd that I could find was a C450, and that's like $600. But I'm not really looking for a used guitar, I'm mostly staying in the 250-500 range as far as price goes though.
Quote by masonpearmain
To be fair, the only other Dean that didn't have an extremely tacky shape and wasn't a Floyd that I could find was a C450, and that's like $600. But I'm not really looking for a used guitar, I'm mostly staying in the 250-500 range as far as price goes though.

you aren't going to get much new in that price range to be honest. you could do much better used, but do as you please.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
you aren't going to get much new in that price range to be honest. you could do much better used, but do as you please.
The JS32 was $300, the Omen-6 and the M-10 are both $300, so I'm not too worried. But thanks.
I own a couple of a Deans and love them. Do not buy Deans that cost under $500 new. Other makers offer better guitars in that price range.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Consider this:
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=godin%20redline%20hb

New, these discontinued shredders were @$600, and a steal at that price.
http://godinguitars.com/godinredlinehbp.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I own a couple of a Deans and love them. Do not buy Deans that cost under $500 new. Other makers offer better guitars in that price range.
Well, the Vendetta is around the $100 mark, so that rules it out there.