I read some shitty things about the Jackson KEXTGM (that one without floyd). For the price 500 Eur (560 Usd) it seems good to me and I love the kelly shape guitar, but the reviews really messed up my whole expectations of the guitar.
Then there is Washburn PXM100C. Woah. That guitar design and features look like 2-3 levels above the Jackson model (for 500 Eur). There aren't many reviews or vids about Washburn and our local shops don't sell them.
I tried the D shaped Jackson neck on KVXT. Seems to be more comfortable then modern C neck.But those D necks are not so thumb-over-neck friendly. But that's not the problem. (currently I play Cort KX5 with modern C).
I'm going to to tune one of the new guitars into the D standart and use it mainly for metal playing.
If only these two guitars exist which one would you buy?
Thanks for any help.
I haven't tried either, but I'm not sure how you'd figure that the washburn is 2-3 levels above the jackson- it has duncan-designed pickups instead of "real" EMGs, and a bolt-on neck instead of neck-thru.

Now, none of that matters if the guitar is worse, and the overall build quality of the guitar is more important, but just looking at the specs...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a used Jackson KE3 Made in Japan and swap in some pickups if it comes with Duncan Designed (depended on the year).
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Yeah not sure how you figure that the Washbourn is 2-3 'levels' over the Jackson.

What did the reviews about the Jackson say was shitty about them?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
With the exception of maybe the cheapest stuff, the affordable Jacksons are generally pretty excellent guitars for the money. I'd go as far as saying that used Pro-series stuff (KE-3, RR-3, DK2M, and a few others) might be some of the best bang for the buck out there. The factory tremolo systems aren't the best (not horrible, not great), but you can always swap those out. I plan to do a OFR (Original Floyd Rose) swap at some point on my DK2M.

That being said, I've played a few pretty solid budget-friendly Washburn guitars as well. But I wouldn't call them 2-3x better than a similarly priced Jackson.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by metalmingee
Get a used Jackson KE3 Made in Japan and swap in some pickups if it comes with Duncan Designed (depended on the year).

yeah if you're ok with used the MIJ jackson stuff is pretty nice. or the current mexican-made Jacksons (the bolt-on models in the pro series) get a good rep too, though I haven't tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This Washburn is not 2-3 levels above that Jackson. Washburn does make some Parallaxe guitars that have loads of premium features that are competitively priced with other guitars of lesser quality but not in this case The KEXTMG that I saw had EMG's which unless you don't want active pickups are miles above the Duncan Designed pups in the Washburn that you have listed. The Jackson also has neck thru body although the Stevens Extended Cutaway on the Washburn is awesome in it's own right also, rosewood vs. ebony fretboard. The Washburn will need a pickup upgrade so you really just need to weigh the pros and cons of each

I have a Washburn PXM10FRQTBLM I paid like $450 used in near mint condition and it is an awesome guitar but has quite a few premuim features that the PXM100C doesn't have, I also own 5 MIJ Jackson's and 1 MIJ Charvel that are all great guitars.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge