I've got an Orange CR120H coming and i want a not too expensive but decent sounding 4x12 to go with it.I'm in the UK.
I don't know much about cabs and speakers tbh.
I've seen that the Harley Benton 412 vintage comes with the celestion vintage 30's and it's cheap too.Does anyone have any experience with this cab?
Also what do you think of the Orange CRPRO 4x12 cab?I think it comes with the 'Voice of the world speakers'.It is a little more expensive than the Harley Benton.
Budget is around £500.
Thanks
I used to have the 2x12 Harley Benton and for the price it was fantastic. It wasn't as flashy as a Marshall or a Mesa or whatever but for a speaker cabinet at that price I don't think you can go much better.

My guess is if you want something roadworthy then you may want something pricier. I can't back that up because I never gigged with mine, and the build quality seemed fine, but my guess is it won't be as robust as a Marshall for instance.
^ Yeah I'm like Random3, I haven't tried the 4x12 but the 2x12 is hard to beat for the money- it costs little more than the speakers alone. That being said, how roadworthy it is, I dunno, as I haven't gigged mine either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're meant to be decently constructed as well, given they're made from plywood and not MDF.

I wouldn't trust them as much as I would a british-made Orange or a Mesa. But they're unbeatable for the price.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^ yeah. i seem to remember someone on the fretboard forum knew a bit about plywood and said they were made from cheaper plywood that's not just as good as the stuff in the high-end cabs, but whether that affects tone or longevity, i dunno. but yeah for the money they're hard to beat.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?