I would enter but the winner is gonna probably be either some hack that has no musical ability but can noodle or some hack with no technical ability playing generic, clichéd blues or mediocre, boring jazz. Either way probably no appreciation for any interesting playing.

I wish the deadline was later though. I have some session gigs with some platinum artists in November and December. I would love to submit some guitar for a song that ends up being a huge hit and still lose to some silly bedroom hero.

Also the solo in the video was not only super boring but it was so drowned in reverb/delay and so low in the mix that you couldn't even here the tasteless shred bits.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 28, 2016,
I would enter, but i know they're gonna choose some 11 year old asian kid that knows music theory and can play a Michelangelo batio song faster than the man himself... (sigh)
i don't stand a chance against those "shredders" that spend more time practicing instead of having fun lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Aug 30, 2016,
I've been wanting a Kiesel for a long time now. May just enter...

Quote by theogonia777
I would enter but the winner is gonna probably be either some hack that has no musical ability but can noodle or some hack with no technical ability playing generic, clichéd blues or mediocre, boring jazz. Either way probably no appreciation for any interesting playing.

I wish the deadline was later though. I have some session gigs with some platinum artists in November and December. I would love to submit some guitar for a song that ends up being a huge hit and still lose to some silly bedroom hero.

Also the solo in the video was not only super boring but it was so drowned in reverb/delay and so low in the mix that you couldn't even here the tasteless shred bits.

lol you're so bitter. there are some pretty great entries so far and I doubt that the guys from Kiesel would choose a winner who didn't deserve it. They're good people, it's not like some Guitar Center competition or something.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Aug 30, 2016,
I'd enter but I have no composing talents.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line