Page 1 of 2
I use left alt all the time. Alt Gr not so much. Actually I'm trying to think when I have ever used alt gr
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Beyond a certain level of fanaticism, SJWs become indistinguishable from a bipolar person having an episode. Call it Lensherr's Law.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Alt Left =/= SJWs tho
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Beyond a certain level of fanaticism, SJWs become indistinguishable from a bipolar person having an episode. Call it Lensherr's Law.

This shit is hilarious, check it

"atheism forever" lmao
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
People say the altleft is nbd but they viciously attack Alex Jones - a lowly nutrient salesman - on Twitter almost constantly
some kind of anarchism?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
some kind of anarchism?
hey don't involve me in this shit
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
There's like eighteen thousand varieties or so of left-leaning anarchism
Quote by JustRooster
I'm pretty sure that's the irony here actually. The right are coherent enough to actually have an identifiable (though personally it seems a meaningless terms) 'alt'. Whereas the left has pretty much uniformly been stuck on in-fighting over The Right Way to free ourselves from The Oppression

Case in point: the labour party
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
I'm pretty sure that's the irony here actually. The right are coherent enough to actually have an identifiable (though personally it seems a meaningless terms) 'alt'. Whereas the left has pretty much uniformly been stuck on in-fighting over The Right Way to free ourselves from The Oppression

Case in point: the labour party

Yeah, though the anti-establishment right being coherent (at least in 'merica) to be worth mentioning at all is fairly new. I'm thinking of the genuinely libertarian predecessors to the Tea Party before they were eaten by the Republicans. I wonder why an "alt-right" has developed sooner than a meaningful alt-left.
Quote by JustRooster
~*~*~ there's only one status quo but there are many alternatives to the status quo ~*~*~

keeping in mind that the aim to maintain the status quo is only a single facet of a much broader understanding of conservative or right-leaning politics.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I wonder why an "alt-right" has developed sooner than a meaningful alt-left.

Cuz ein volk ein reich etc

jk it's just reactionary interneting disguised as politics
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Rossenrot
People say the altleft is nbd but they viciously attack Alex Jones - a lowly nutrient salesman - on Twitter almost constantly

KIDS, MAGELLIN IS A LOT COOLER THAN JUSTIN BEIBLER, THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE

Is the "alt-left" not the group of people call "social justice warriors"

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I think #ALTLEFT is easier to hashtag than #ANNOYINGVOCALMINORITY, hence it's vague application.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Is the "alt-left" not the group of people call "social justice warriors"

SJWs seems more like a subset of an "alt-left," because there are anti-establishment leftists who aren't total tryhards (and care about social justice).
Quote by JustRooster
First you gotta define social justice warriors

That phrase would give a positivist an anyeurism
Quote by EndTheRapture51
ye for reals

Sort of like "political correctness," whatever the hell that is.
Quote by JustRooster
I did write a long ass post last year arguing that it's a way for people to say prejudiced shit in a socially acceptable way and that it's abused by controlling pricks but idk where it is
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Gotcha and probably agree with most or all of it

Emphasis on abusing it for controlling reasons

edit - And there's plenty of speech by progressive dingleberries which is similarly controlling in a coercive and/or discourse-terminating manner, though I'd argue that it's a small (though growing) portion of the overall political discussion in whatever context you turn to.
Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Aug 28, 2016,
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Yeah, though the anti-establishment right being coherent (at least in 'merica) to be worth mentioning at all is fairly new. I'm thinking of the genuinely libertarian predecessors to the Tea Party before they were eaten by the Republicans. I wonder why an "alt-right" has developed sooner than a meaningful alt-left.

Maybe cuz before now the left was not seen as an establishment, but an outside corrupting force.

The alt right is a movement though. The ideology is not new, but its salience is ( not in modern times)
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 28, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Maybe cuz before now the left was not seen as an establishment, but an outside corrupting force.

The alt right is a movement though. The ideology is not new, but its salience hasn't ( not in modern times)

CULTURAL MARXISM

I wonder how that perception will change if/when left-of-center neoliberals (i.e., Hussein Obama and Clinton, etc.) are the de facto long-term establishment.
Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
CULTURAL MARXISM

I wonder how that perception will change if/when left-of-center neoliberals (i.e., Hussein Obama and Clinton, etc.) are the de facto long-term establishment.

I think you got your answer in the alt right movement Pres is black = white people oppressed
Political correctness cultivates taboos around certain topics to suppress an open dialectic in an attempt to brand certain topics of controversy as settled, and opposing viewpoints as nothing more than prejudiced. I've heard it argued that political correctness is the fillip for social change, but its proponents underestimate its aggravating effect on people they'd consider their moral inferiors.
If the abstract idea of "political correctness" and not being able to say the N-word or w/e is something that gets you genuinely riled up then you've got an easy life.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
I don't think you're entirely wrong, but that seems an overly narrow assessment of how the phrase is used. There's a reasonable use--that it's a critique of shutting down conversations on taboo topics, as you said--and then there's a puerile version where it's a catchall term to lampoon leftist virtues in general and shut down conversations.

@Rossenrot
Quote by JustRooster
I'm generally opposed to political correctness as a tactic but it's always fun to see white people complain that they can't use certain epithets without "getting in trouble"
I agree with the tenant that censorship overall is not constructive. However, there are far too many dickheads for us to have nice things.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I don't think you're entirely wrong, but that seems an overly narrow assessment of how the phrase is used. There's a reasonable use--that it's a critique of shutting down conversations on taboo topics, as you said--and then there's a puerile version where it's a catchall term to lampoon leftist virtues in general and shut down conversations.

@Rossenrot

Well yeah, but it's one of many catchphrases used to discredit an idea before its ever explained. Both sides are guilty of it.

As for people not being able to use certain words, context matters. The word Nigger is perfectly usable in certain contexts, granted that the audience is mature enough to digest it.
Last edited by Rossenrot at Aug 28, 2016,
Functionally speaking, I'd say it's almost entirely veiled statements. A variation on X word is made that's the currently acceptable one so people can say exactly the same thing in a way which doesn't bruise egos.

What /results/ is what Rossen described, as its a surprisingly effective political tool (and one that any serious Marxist would deride, ironically). Get rid of broken propositions and maybe meaningful discourse can take place.
Quote by Rossenrot

As for people not being able certain words, context matters. The word Nigger is perfectly usable in certain context s, granted that the audience is mature enough to digest it.
#triggered
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 28, 2016,
Politics is a circlejerk of poorly defined terms.
Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2