Hi guys,

Just wondering in anyone can recommend a 2x12 cab for a Randall RG1503h. I've spent a lot of time looking but to be honest i dont 100% get the ohm/wattage compatibility thing. The amp is 4 ohms and 150 watts. I just need a cab for band practice and gigs. All 2x12 cabs I've been looking are 8/16 ohms.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks!
the cab needs to handle at least 150 watts (ideally a little more to be safe).

if it's a solid state, you may be ok with a higher ohm cab (don't quote me on that, though) but you won't get the full wattage. i guess you could email randall to be sure?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Your amp is rated at a minimum of 4 ohms, meaning that higher impedance will cause no problems for you. Like most solid state amps, power output ratings are lower at higher impedance (probably closer to 75W at 8 ohms). I'd go with an 8 ohm cabinet. If you ever need to add a second cabinet (8 ohms), your total impedance, assuming a parallel connection, will drop nicely into 4 ohms.

If you've got an 8 ohm cabinet, you probably won't need it to handle the full 150W; a pair of 60W speakers inside it (such as V30's) will do nicely.
Right, so if I would get a Harley Benton 212 with V30's (cab rated 120W 8ohm) I would be ok to use it in this case?
Quote by wojciechbd
Right, so if I would get a Harley Benton 212 with V30's (cab rated 120W 8ohm) I would be ok to use it in this case?

Yes.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Great thanks! Just one more question. The amp has 2 speaker outputs. The cab has 2 inputs (8ohm mono and 16 ohm stereo). The ones on the amp don't really say what the difference is and I don't see anything in the manual. Should I just run 1 cable from the amp into the mono input?