Hello

I went to the music store today and asked about the electric guitars they sell. They told me they only sell Jefferson which is better than Fender. I searched about it in Google but got nothing. So what is this guitar exactly? Is it good? (The Price: $300)
I found some toy guitars for the Lone Ranger from Jefferson guitars on eBay...but that's it.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
You went in brick & mortar store, and you saw & touched Jeffson guitars? For $300?

I saw this:
https://www.ecwid.com/store/store2077166/#!/Guitars/c/5077692/offset=0&sort=normal

It is setting off warning bells in my head. It could be legit- the relic/copy biz is big, these days- but I don't see anything resembling a $300 price tag. And despite being "Jefferson Instruments, USA", they don't use standard American currency notation- the commas and decimal points are transposed. The site also doesn't seem to have contact info.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 29, 2016,
run far away
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If the music shop is the type like I went nito in L.A. where there's some stereotype of the 50's salesman (suit or biz casual with greased back hair and/or a combover, maybe horn rimmed glasses) and he has boxes of guitars lining the wall like action figure boxes at Wal-Mart, and a bunch of guitars with brands you don't recognize, I'd get the hell out of there. Chances are the $300 is over-inflated.

If they do have some quality stuff and it seems on-par though, he might have just found a diamond in the rough, there was al ocal shop where I used to live that sold Dillion electrics, granted, the guy did not pass them off as better than Gibsons, but they were fairly nice and good quality for the price - but the shop also had some high-end stuff like a vintage Telecaster and a Ibanez Universe Steve Vai model (for around $2K) and the guy knew what it was worth.0 - this was in the 90's though.

But if the guy seems greasy and it's one of those weird guitar stores that operates more like a candy shop or like the kind of pplace your parents would "get you fitted" for a guitar, I'd run and go look elsewhere. At $300 I'd probably only trust something like an Ibanez, Squier, Epiphone, or Yamaha.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)