Hello there! I'm building a guitar for the first time and I'm curious as to what you guys think of ordering used guitar necks online.
I'm a bit hesitant to order a used neck that's being sold by itself because it's expensive and I'm not sure what the quality is but then ebay has that guarantee that if it isn't in the condition that it says on the listing, you can get your money back or whatever. Plus the necks are expensive.
I want to order a specific neck (A jackson 24-fret neck), I need the specific shape and style for the build I'm doing, but I'm not sure I could get one anywhere else.
Anyone have any advice I can use when I go to look for guitar necks? Thanks a lot in advance
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
well first off, if you think a used neck is expensive, guitar building is going to come as a huge surprise.
Ive bought a ton of used necks off ebay over the past 10 years. Never really had a problem.
Just be sure to ask for details before you buy and look over the pictures. Signs of heavy wear on the back or fretboard are a red flag.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
well first off, if you think a used neck is expensive, guitar building is going to come as a huge surprise.

Oh trust me I know. My electronics alone cost me a bunch, I've already bought a lot of the parts I need, I'm just being picky about the neck
Guitars:
kabadi.man
I kind of thought about doing that but I have the feeling it'll be less difficult and time consuming for the style of neck I want if I bought it instead of making it. I have all the woodworking tools to do it but I'm not sure if I want to risk that because it looks really difficult
Guitars:
Quote by kabadi.man
pre-slotted rosewood fretboard blank

About that; any idea where I can find one with the specific specs that the jackson necks (which I love) have? If I find one I may end up making my own neck
Guitars:
Last edited by adexder at Aug 30, 2016,