Poll: Do you stink of shit like me?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you stink of shit like me?
Yes
1 7%
No
8 57%
Maybe so
5 36%
Voters: 14.
Page 1 of 2
Alright.

Recently it's been a little hotter than usual and I've been a little busier than usual, and so I'm understandably a little clammier than usual.

However, I'm getting increasingly embarrassed about how much I fucking stink. It's crazy. I smell like shit.

I bathe (no shower at home) every other day or every day depending on the need, but the second I get sweaty I immediately smell terrible. Not even just like normal sweaty smell either, it's genuinely a little pooey.

What's the deal pit? I don't want to smell like poo. I didn't before!

I should point out I address the issue ASAP, but then I'm faced with the same problem next time I exert myself in any way.
Perspirex. It is non-prescription. It's also somewhat expensive.

It may give you a burning sensation at first but by the sound of it that's not going to be your bigger problem. Read the instructions.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Definitely could be dietary, have you introduced any regular intake of a specific food or medication into your life?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Could be something you're eating or drinking regularly.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
If this is a recent change, you may actually consider visiting a physician about it.

Your scent changing can actually be indicative of other internal things changing. Has your diet changed drastically recently?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by RCA1186
Could be something you're eating or drinking regularly.

Quote by EpiExplorer
Definitely could be dietary, have you introduced any regular intake of a specific food or medication into your life?

Nothing I can think of, I guess now I think of it I've been shitting less. Not enough fibre?
Wear thinner clothes yo
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Not sure if that would help with smells.

I do know that unexplained B.O intensification can be caused by certain kinds of terminal cancer so rip danielh

jk, I dunno.

Could be this rather obscure condition that seems mildly irritating and specific.

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/trimethylaminuria#

Of course, you could always visit a doctor but hey, what do I know, I get to see my gp without destroying my bank account wahay
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
eat more fruit and vegetables
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
I'm not, I'm partially trolling and partially implying that he should see an actual medical professional instead of asking plebs on a guitar forum.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Why on earth are you not taking baths at least once a day?

Every other day is never acceptable, especially since baths aren't that cleanly.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Wear thinner clothes yo

I do but then the poo stench leaks out easier

Quote by kalypto
eat more fruit and vegetables

Fuck fruit, but I eat one million vegetables a day. Thanks for the suggestch though.

Quote by EpiExplorer
Not sure if that would help with smells.

I do know that unexplained B.O intensification can be caused by certain kinds of terminal cancer so rip danielh

jk, I dunno.

Could be this rather obscure condition that seems mildly irritating and specific.

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/trimethylaminuria#

Of course, you could always visit a doctor but hey, what do I know, I get to see my gp without destroying my bank account wahay

Hmm, it's not quite career/relationship damaging levels of pooiness yet, but I may well visit the doc. I'm also able to get a checkup without having to re-mortgage the house
Like others have said, sudden changes in body odor can be due to changes in diet or can be caused by something medical. If you haven't made any significant changes to your diet recently, your best bet is to go see a physician.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Dreadnought
Every other day is never acceptable

This isn't true. Showering daily is more of a societal norm than health necessity.
Free Ali
actually there's a thought

how old are you op? have your testicles dropped?

is this just puberty?

tell me in detail
ha-haaa
Quote by chrismendiola
This isn't true. Showering daily is more of a societal norm than health necessity.

If you do even a modicum of activity, this is gross.
Which is not the same as going to the GP and saying 'hey doc, I'm feeling a bit down recently, what do I do' 'well you can always cheer up a bit you prick'

Cuz all you're doing in that instance is asking for advice. If you need meds or need an operation, then whatever, there's probably a small fee, but just asking for advice is free.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Pls stop blode, hounding me over ephemeral details is like scrabbling around on the ground for a rock to throw at me when I've already wandered off 5 miles in the other direction out of pure disinterest

pls
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EpiExplorer
Which is not the same as going to the GP and saying 'hey doc, I'm feeling a bit down recently, what do I do' 'well you can always cheer up a bit you prick'

Cuz all you're doing in that instance is asking for advice. If you need meds or need an operation, then whatever, there's probably a small fee, but just asking for advice is free.

I'm so confused now. I live in England, I pay for medicine and not much else in terms of healthcare.

Quote by Dreadnought
If you do even a modicum of activity, this is gross.

If I sweat, I bathe, but I do a tremendous amount of sitting around letting life pass me by.

Quote by The_Blode
Old enough to get a mortgage...sorry to disappoint Banjo lol

Tbf my dad doesn't shower ever...and when he stinks on hot days, he stinks...but then the next day might be cold and he doesn't stink anymore...whereas if I go one day without a shower, I stink like him but his smell just disappears after a few hours because it's his natural smell I guess

I'm sorry, but it sounds like your dad has trimethylaminuria

EDIT What the fuck is happening now? I smell of poo, stay on track people.
Last edited by danielh123. at Aug 29, 2016,
Drink a lot more water

Dehydrated sweat is pungent
Oh sorry m8, I just have to assume most users are american or use american terms on UG cuz then there'll be a minor diplomatic incident (as in UK vs US thread, euugh never again).
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
wait you literally smell of shit? not BO as in sweat? I thought you were being theatrical

talk to your doctor asap and stop looking for consolation from sweaty perverts on here (especially orson i mean wtf)
ha-haaa
Blode you are so much better without the ellipses (...) all over the place
Quote by Dreadnought
Drink a lot more water

Dehydrated sweat is pungent

Ohhhhh I think this could be it. I've had problems (headaches etc) from not bothering to drink enough. In fact I'm parched right now and can't be fucked moving.

Quote by EpiExplorer
Oh sorry m8, I just have to assume most users are american or use american terms on UG cuz then there'll be a minor diplomatic incident (as in UK vs US thread, euugh never again).

Haha no probs m8
Quote by The_Blode
There's this 20 stone guy at my work that smells of a mixture of poo and sweat and sometimes I have to fix his computer and touch his sweat laden keyboard and mouse and endure his scent it's pretty grim...and just like last week when I was doing my business the toilet partition wall nearly collapsed to the side of me it was him bursting in for his business then all I hear are plops and I quickly get out of there because that ain't pretty

Wait, you're an adult? I know this is gonna look like I'm being shitty with you (seems to be the done thing here) but I genuinely did think you were 14.
Quote by The_Blode
Epi apologies mate I don't know what I was doing it's chill

It's ok man, just remember that not everything's an argument that needs to happen.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EpiExplorer
It's ok man, just remember that not everything's an argument that needs to happen.
yes it is shut up you dumb cunt
ha-haaa
Quote by danielh123.
Ohhhhh I think this could be it. I've had problems (headaches etc) from not bothering to drink enough. In fact I'm parched right now and can't be fucked moving.

Try about 3-4 quarts for a few days, see how that goes
Quote by The_Blode
Yeah I have my moments where in the world, or this forum for example, I'm constantly sh*t on and it builds and builds and builds and then I unload on someone and that's not me it's the sh*t that's built up over time...kinda like that one song by Slipknot " I won't let this build up inside of me"

I'd love to see a documentary about you. Knowing you're an adult changes the whole vibe of what you write.

Also I don't know why I thought 14 specifically, I thought I read it once or something
Quote by Dreadnought
Try about 3-4 quarts for a few days, see how that goes

dghdfgiggjdsjkohogjagkjdjgduoghigjahigdho #triggered
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
sorry

about 3785 cubic centimeters

Is that a stupid enough measurement for you dumbass Europeans?
isn't 4 quarts a whole?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Bathe every day. You can smell bad without sweating excessively. People also usually smell weird behind their ears if they haven't washed behind their ears that day...apply the same principle to your entire body. Also it's literally the easiest way to stop smelling bad. Just moisturize more if you're worried about your skin drying out or something.

Don't wear polyester. Even if you don't have BO it smells weird when you sweat in it.

Also make sure you're washing your clothes and bedding regularly. And drink lots of water.

If you have been doing all of these things and none of them work, find a deodorant or cologne that doesn't clash with your BO (get other people to verify this since the results could be terrible) and use it. I would rather smell too much cologne than too much BO if it really is that bad.
cat
Quote by Dreadnought
sorry

about 3785 cubic centimeters

Is that a stupid enough measurement for you dumbass Europeans?

I think quarts are imperial, same as pints (how we measure our drinks). But then litres is metric, and I would also use that.

I've heard Americans measure solid foods in "cups". That fucking ranch woman with her fucking pioneer cooking show once said "add one fourth a cup onions" like it was just a normal sentence. I hate that bitch. Measure onions in onions, not cups, and one fourth is a fucking quarter.

Fuck this, I'm going to bed.
Quote by guitarxo
Bathe every day. You can smell bad without sweating excessively. People also usually smell weird behind their ears if they haven't washed behind their ears that day...apply the same principle to your entire body. Also it's literally the easiest way to stop smelling bad. Just moisturize more if you're worried about your skin drying out or something.

Don't wear polyester. Even if you don't have BO it smells weird when you sweat in it.

Also make sure you're washing your clothes and bedding regularly. And drink lots of water.

If you have been doing all of these things and none of them work, find a deodorant or cologne that doesn't clash with your BO (get other people to verify this since the results could be terrible) and use it. I would rather smell too much cologne than too much BO if it really is that bad.
This, especially the polyester thing. Try to only wear cotton shirts and boxers.

Also if you think you smell like actual poo, then also consider using wet wipes after you wipe yourself.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I feel like bad BO is tied to eating too much meat and not enough veggies / fruits.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
drionics makes electric pads you can put in your armpit. $200-$300. uncomfortable from what I hear unless they changed them. treatments are good for 4-6 weeks
Last edited by mattedbird at Aug 29, 2016,
Quote by Xiaoxi
I feel like bad BO is tied to eating too much meat and not enough veggies / fruits.

Typical of all non-believers.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Page 1 of 2