Hi there. I'm on a search for a vintage sounding humbucker combo for my Gibson Les Paul. At the moment I have the 498t/490r set in the guitar, but I think they're too modern sound and the sound I'm looking for should be more vintage, warm, full and fat.
I been reading a lot of reviews on different humbuckers and I have come up with following possible choices:
SD tb-59 / sh1n ('59 set)
SD pearly gates in the bridge / sh1n
Irongear Blues Engine

Can anyone help / tell me about these pickups or options?

Thanks
The SD 59 is probably my favorite SD humbucker. Hard to go wrong with it.

Golden Age HBs from STEWMAC ar a good option, and quite affordable.

I could recommend some higher-end pickups, but not until you tell us your budget.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
59s should do. Just so you know, TB means trembucker and it's for floyd roses, so unless your LP is floyd equipped, you'd be getting the regular SH-1 bridge.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
My budget is max. USD 200.
Since I'm interested in trembuckers for the bridge humbucker is that I have measured the current Gibson 498t to be 52mm and I believe that the standard SD humbucker is 50mm. Correct?
Trembuckers are no different to the standard models other than the string spacing which is optimised for a Floyd rose bridge.

Unless your guitar has a Floyd there is no reason whatsoever to buy the trembucker variant of a pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
TB is just for string spacing, used for wider-spaced strings. 59s are a great choice. A Pearly Gates set will have slightly more mids and highs, with less bass. All solid choices.
No my LP doesn't have a tremsystem. I guess that the tiny space differences doesn't have a huge impact on the sound. I also measured my SG and both the bridge and neck pickups are 50mm. I guess that the bridge pickup on a LP is slightly wider.
Thanks for feedback.
I'll a '59 combo then ?
Do you think an PG in the bridge and 59 in the neck would be a good match? I thought that an alnico 2 in the bridge would be good for taming the bridge treble and an alnico 5 in the neck to enhance treble.
A PG/59 combo is a good one too. If you don't like the high end of an A5 magnet, the A2 will fix that.