So yeah as some of you may know I suffer from depression some days and sometimes I have to go to work with depression...and sometimes I'm a total d*ck at work because I'm depressed I may ignore requests I'll ignore people in general I won't look at them I won't respond to them and I won't speak to anybody I lock myself in areas of the building and I'll hide there for as long as I feel like

Do you think that is acceptable in the workplace if you see somebody who is clearly depressed to behave in ways I have done? Also do you think I should get help for the depression or just use the coping strategies I have outlined above? Don't talk to people lock myself away and listen to sad songs on my phone
I don't know why. . .
I never told you. . .
I don't know why. . .
I never tried. . .
When we shed these bitter skins again. . .
All the reasons come to life. . .
But now it's over. . .
Now it's over. . .
If you pee blood is that normal?

Asking for a friend.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It might help to set your clock ahead?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
you depress me
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
You still hung up on that time I bodied you steve get over it
I don't know why. . .
I never told you. . .
I don't know why. . .
I never tried. . .
But now it's over. . .
Now it's over. . .
Wait when did steve get bodied

Must've missed it
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by severed-metal
You need help and the pit isn't the place for it.

I feel like this is gonna get ignored a lot but it's really the most true.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It sucks that you have depression but that doesn't mean it's acceptable for you to be a dick in the workplace, or anywhere really.
cat
Seems like you've got it figured out and are living a fulfilling life of risk, accomplishment, love etc. I'd say stay the course, mr. Blode.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by The_Blode
So yeah as some of you may know I suffer from depression some days and sometimes I have to go to work with depression...and sometimes I'm a total d*ck at work because I'm depressed I may ignore requests I'll ignore people in general I won't look at them I won't respond to them and I won't speak to anybody I lock myself in areas of the building and I'll hide there for as long as I feel like

Do you think that is acceptable in the workplace if you see somebody who is clearly depressed to behave in ways I have done? Also do you think I should get help for the depression or just use the coping strategies I have outlined above? Don't talk to people lock myself away and listen to sad songs on my phone

you know those are the worst possible things to do

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
What do you even do if someone is like that at work ? Do you avoid them or talk to them?
I don't know why. . .
I never told you. . .
I don't know why. . .
I never tried. . .
But now it's over. . .
Now it's over. . .
Quote by guitarxo
It sucks that you have depression but that doesn't mean it's acceptable for you to be a dick in the workplace, or anywhere really.

this. being a dick to everyone will make them be a dick to you, which in turn will make you more depressed.
Quote by The_Blode
What do you even do if someone is like that at work ? Do you avoid them or talk to them?

I'd complain about them to my boss if they were difficult to work with and get him to sort it out

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I think that it's potentially beneficial for all parties to make some allowances for people who are having problems they have a 'less than' level of control over.

I don't think that means it's not also preferential to own up to when you could have done something differently, or actively chose to do X regardless of your problems.

I don't really see self-imposed isolation as a 'dick move'. More anti-social. But I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with that.

If avoidance is how you cope with depression I doubt that will negatively impact (fuck I forgot about affect and effect) the lives of those around you, but be careful if you're a significant member in the workplace. Depending on who you are, it may help or hinder you. Perhaps see a doctor and get some of those happy pills (YMMV).
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 29, 2016,
Being a dick isn't gonna lead to anything good happening to you, you might even lose your job if you're being a real dick to anyone and for no reason at all; I can assure you that they can find a guy that's not a dick or depressed that does exactly the same you do, just the same way you do it or even better.

Losing your job, or getting into trouble or even having people start hating you for being a dick will get you even more depressed and make everything worse.

Honestly, a psychologist wouldn't be a bad idea (as long as it's not expensive, of course), it doesn't mean you're crazy or screwed up and no one is going to judge you for seeing one. I have been to several shrink sessions in these past few years and I have never been diagnosed with any kind of depression, anxiety or mental illness. Sometimes it's good to completely vent out and have some advice from someone who knows what he's doing.
Last edited by Rosenkratz at Aug 29, 2016,
If I don't have depression but am still a dick, what am I????

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
He already went to therapy and then stopped in spite of several people saying he should keep going.

If it makes you feel better Blode I'd also be depressed if I was you.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by severed-metal
You need help and the pit isn't the place for it.

seriously tho, this

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo