I'm buying an Ibanez Iceman IC500 which comes with Dimarzio Activator Humbuckers stock and I would like some advice on some I'm thinking of putting in:
Dimarzio Activators: From what I know, they're average, but I only played them clean through a Marshall Can and a Line 6 head since I was in a hurry.
Duncan Distortions: I want them because Daron Malakian uses them, a reason why I'm getting an iceman.
Duncan Full Shreds: I don't know much about these.
Dimebucker set: Basically a 59' reissue Neck Humbuckers and a Humbucker Hot Rail.
Duncan Blackouts: I don't know much about these.
These are all pickups that have been recommended to me quite a bit and I'm curious what your thoughts are as to what ones would sound better for metal, particularly in Drop C if that matters. Thanks.
Wait until you actually have the guitar. There's not really any point in worrying about something as drastic as a pickup swap before you even know how the guitar will perform through the equipment you have, and you're not going to know that until you've spent some time with it. At the moment you're thinking about changing something before you even know what the thing you're changing actually is - so you've got absolutely no way of knowing HOW you'd want it to change, if at all!

Also the pickups you've mentioned are all quite different, which suggests that you don't really know an awful lot about pickups ("Humbucker Hot Rail?") and one of the worst things you can do is spend too much time worrying about what other people think and say about things. Pickups are an expensive and poor value upgrade, you don't really want to be spending money on them unless you yourself know what you want - if your ears can't work that out for you then it's not something you need to be worrying abut yet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ And especialy if the guitar already has pretty decent stock pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Moving to GG+A by the end of today. OP, write in response and I'll do it earlier.
Thread was moved to forum: Guitar Gear & Accessories

(reaaaally late)
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
I would wait until you have it and play through your gear before deciding to replace.

No one will be able to help unless you tell us what music you want to play, what your gear is and what the current puckups are lacking.