My sister's boss is asking her to find a software for preventive action after the last internal audit in their company showed that they have an issue with environmental health and safety. In cases like this, would it be better to have a software made or just buy one that you can customize?
There is no software that will do that but there are dozens of HSE service providers that will take care of it for a reasonable price.

Surely a company that has the qualified staff to undertake an internal audit also has the expertise in-house to generate the solutions?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Due to the availability of quality management software I'd recommend purchasing something that can be customized to your specific needs. While first party solutions are almost always preferable it's not exactly the easiest thing to create. Especially not for a single person. During my short time as an on-site manager at a manufacturing and refurbishing company we used Arena QMS at the request of our customers. This provided us with complete transparency to the customer in addition to the ability to track important projects. Such as audit failures, corrective and preventive actions, ISO standards management, quality control, etc.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Due to the availability of quality management software I'd recommend purchasing something that can be customized to your specific needs. While first party solutions are almost always preferable it's not exactly the easiest thing to create. Especially not for a single person. During my short time as an on-site manager at a manufacturing and refurbishing company we used Arena QMS at the request of our customers. This provided us with complete transparency to the customer in addition to the ability to track important projects. Such as audit failures, corrective and preventive actions, ISO standards management, quality control, etc.

There's a pretty big difference between HSE and quality management. Even ISO 14001 only covers part of it and won't specifically ensure regulatory compliance.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Aug 29, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
There's a pretty big difference between HSE and quality management. Even ISO 14001 only covers part of it and won't specifically ensure regulatory compliance.

Indeed, that's why I specified that the software should have some level of customization available. While there does exist software to specifically deal with HSE/EHS compliance and assessment I assumed the OP was asking for something a little broader in scope.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I went with my sister yesterday to a consultant and after asking her some questions, she was given a list of software that fits what she's looking for. We checked them out and among them, my sister is liking this one because it looks easy to use. Do software like this need to be approved by regulatory agencies?

http://www.versesolutions.com/corrective-preventive-action-software/
You mean software that prevents audits from taking place? Maybe turn down the gain a lot when requested.
Last edited by geo-rage at Aug 31, 2016,