Hi! I've been doing practises to improve my sweep picking technique!

I want to ask anyone here who is good with sweep picking about my left hand positioning. I've realise that a lot of pro-guitarist sweep picking technique (for left hand mainly) have their thumb behind the fretboard while mine is always over the fretboard. When I tried to sweep pick slowly with my thumb not over the fretboard, I find it way harder than when my thumb is over the fretboard.

Soo should I stick with my own suitable style or should i just practise with my thumb over the fretboard?

Thanks for the help!
Fender Standard Stratocaster MIM 2011 with David Gilmour Neck Pickup Switch Mod

Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro 2015 with Peter Green Mod

1999 Japanese Epiphone Les Paul Standard LP-80 with Peter Green Mod
I guess your style would be ok for 3 string sweeps, but for more, you´re gonna reach the lower strings in a very uncomfortable position. I would suggest start practising with thumb behind the fretboard.
Hey buddy, my name is Anton Oparin. You can watch my videos on youtube. I can explain you everything and tell you everything on how to play sweep better and positions of your left hand. Find my page on facebook called Anton Oparin Guitar Lessons and in the last post there you'll see my email, since admin here deletes my email if I tell it. and Contact me there, it's free, I'll tell you everything!! Watch my videos, I was much younger there and played like that, now I'm even better) So Waiting for your email to help you as much as I can
Quote by tonymetal1
Hey buddy, my name is Anton Oparin. You can watch my videos on youtube. I can explain you everything and tell you everything on how to play sweep better and positions of your left hand. Find my page on facebook called Anton Oparin Guitar Lessons and in the last post there you'll see my email, since admin here deletes my email if I tell it. and Contact me there, it's free, I'll tell you everything!! Watch my videos, I was much younger there and played like that, now I'm even better) So Waiting for your email to help you as much as I can

Maybe you missed this with regard to another of your adverts....

"The forums are not the place for you to advertise your business. You are more than welcome to contribute and be a part of the community, but if this happens again you will be banned. I would highly suggest reading the forum rules before posting."
I would say this depends on your hand size, with really big hands it may be easier to keep the thumb over the fretboard.

If it works for you (and it doesnt feel bad in any way) its the right technique for you.
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.