Here's a short story that may be helpful to some people. This past week end I played a gig and at one point between songs I had to take off my guitar and move a PA cable. Rather than walk a few extra feet to where my guitar stand was I opted to just prop my Les Paul against my amp. As you might expect the guitar slid down and landed on it's face. Fortunately it caused no obvious damage or scars as it landed on a well carpeted area. When I started playing I noticed that my lower E string was buzzing. I switched guitars to my backup guitar and finished the night.

Yesterday I got out my guitar to do a thorough inspection to see if there was some damage I missed. Thankfully I could find no physical damage of any kind but when I played the guitar I had a very pronounced fret buzz on the E string especially when playing G. It was almost completely fretted out on that particular note. Since I had just changed the strings the night before the gig I didn't want to completely remove the strings so I loosened them and pulled them behind the neck and off of the fret board. I checked the frets and they seemed OK. I did a quick truss rod check and it seemed OK also. I did a little filing on the fourth fret and re-crowned it thinking that this must be where my problem was. Nope. It didn't help. I struggled with this for a good hour trying different things then putting the strings back in place. Each time I still had a big time buzz on the E string (especially when playing G). Finally in a last ditch effort I started changing the strings. BINGO! As soon as I changed the E string the problem was solved.

I looked closely at the string I removed and can see no physical problem or mark of any kind. These are Ernie Ball regular Slinky's that I have used for as long as I can remember and I wasn't having a problem before the guitar fell. So the good news is that I solved my problem and all is well. I just wanted to relate my story and remind others that have a similar string buzz that if they are having trouble resolving a buzzing issue that they may want to just change the string or strings first. (Also a reminder to use your guitar stand even if you just putting your guitar down for a minute.)
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Aug 30, 2016,
At first look I couldn't see any problem with the string. After completely removing it I ran my fingers down the string and found that the fret (G) put a barely noticeable indentation in the string when the guitar fell so when I played a G note on the E string it dropped the strings action just enough to buzz on the next fret. You couldn't see it easily but it could be felt if you ran your finger down the underside of the string. Thanks for asking.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.