Looking at buying effects pedals, I need some ideas of quality pedals I can get relitively cheap in Australia. Any suggestions?
Last edited by djlewis2 at Aug 30, 2016,
Soooo much more info needed!

What sound are you going for? Favourite bands etc
What kit do you currently use? Guitar/Amp etc
What is your budget? To some, 'relatively cheap' may mean thousands....

That said, assuming you're relatively new to guitar & just looking to experiment with sounds, the Zoom G3 suggestion is an excellent choice - you won't get more for your money in any other way.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
GaryBillington[
I'm looking for at least Overdrive, delay/reverb, tuner and loop I possible, I don't mind if I get a muti or individual pedals. I'm currently using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with a Vox Valvetronix amp. In term of budget I probably don't want to spend more than 250-350.
Last edited by djlewis2 at Aug 31, 2016,
OK, given that you already have a modelling amp with effects built in, getting more effects isn't necessarily a great solution. Modelling amps are designed to use their in-built effects and aren't set up for using external pedals. You already have overdrive, delay, reverb and a tuner in your amp. A looper is all you're missing. If you can live without the looper, you'd be best served by saving your money & learning how to get the most out of your amp.

That said, a Zoom G3 would still be an excellent investment. Used with headphones, it's one of the most complete practice units out there as it includes a looper and a basic drum sequencer as well as more effects and amp models than most people will ever need. It's also a great piece of kit for use with a better amp once you've upgraded.

If you think it's a better solution than using the built in effects, it can still be used with your amp. You will be able to plug it into the aux input of your amp, thereby bypassing the amp's models and effects letting you just use the Zoom for everything, in this scenario the amp is nothing more than a loudspeaker for the effects unit (basically an alternative to using headphones). It will give you a lot more versatility, the looper you desire, and a lot of the tones you'll get from the Zoom are better than some of the tones you'll get from the Vox (admittedly there are others where the Vox will be better as well).

I definitely wouldn't recommend investing in individual pedals whilst you're using that amp though. Most (especially drive pedals) are intended for enhancing the sound of a tube amp, and effects like delay, reverb and modulation (chorus, phase etc) are better placed in an amp's effects loop which you don't have with your Vox.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thanks for the help man, so if i wanted the loop would you suggest that I just go for a loop pedal, or go for something like the zoom?
I'm not expert on loop pedals - I think the loop in the G3 is fairly basic, but it's enough for my needs. If you want individual control of numerous loops, it isn't up to the job. If you just want to loop a chord sequence to practice over, it's plenty and I'd definitely recommend it due to how much you get for the money.

Think about what you really need. Try and determine what your requirements of a loop pedal are. If you need more than something basic, write them all down and set up a dedicated thread (in the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum) asking for advice & suggestions.

Is a looper your primary requirement then? Do you still need the other effects or have you decided the effects in your amp are enough?
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The effects In my amp are sufficient effect, the only trouble is i can only use one or two simultaneously which is where i feel that the G3 would be good. if i were to buy the G3 of Ebay and not directly from Zoom's recommended dealer would i still gain free access to the recording software that is comes with? other than that i think the G3 will be good option. It doesn't particularly bother me that the loop doesn't last particularly long, even when i do play live I never need one for more than 40sec.
I expect Zoom won't care where you've bought it.

Also, I don't use mine as an interface, but I'd imagine that once you've hooked it up to a PC it wouldn't care if you were using Zoom software or any other recording package, it probably just acts as an interface.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Sep 2, 2016,