There is literally no serial number anywhere on it. All i know is it's an Orpheus, probably from the 1960s or 70s.

It's also made in Japan.

guessing early 70s. cool looking guitar. there were tons of oddball brand Japanese guitars made in the 60 -mid 70s when they started to drop off and the names we still know came to the forefront. I believe there are some forums dedicated to old Japanese electrics that might be more helpful.
Yep, it's an Orpheus. One of 1000 no-name MIJ knockoffs from the 60s-70s. As I recall the quality was pretty low and they were sold in department stores. If it plays well it is a great conversation starter at gigs. If not, it is still good wall art.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Aug 30, 2016,
Cajundaddy

This helps alot but the quality of the guitar feels and looks really nice in person. I haven't heard it being played but i mean visually its beautiful. Any idea what these things are worth?
Quote by Armis
Cajundaddy

This helps alot but the quality of the guitar feels and looks really nice in person. I haven't heard it being played but i mean visually its beautiful. Any idea what these things are worth?

No serial #, no pedigree, so no recognized value, just whatever a buyer is willing to pay. Somebody with emotional attachment to this guitar might pay $1k or more. It would be worth about $100 to me. Judging from the hardware (especially the bridge and knockoff Bigsby tailpiece) it is unlikely I would play it much.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY