Hi mates! I was jamming thispast weekend with a guy because he wants to form a band. He has some songs written already and he aims to play rythm guitar, so he was looking for a lead guitarist. The thing is I've never been in a band before, but when we jammed together he liked it, how it sounded. However, Im more into blues/rock style, whereas his intention is to form a rock/punk band like Offspring and that, so he asked me if I would be up for it, because he noticed my style was perhaps a bit away from it. However, I thought I should give it a try, because of the opportunity of playing along with other and experience how it feels like being in a band. Maybe in a future I could move to some other STYLE.

I just want you to give your opinion about this, if you think its fine to sstart with something like this or if, instead I should switch to the gender I want to play (blues and rock). Any tips for this new stage of my amateur music trip? Please be as honest as possible, I would appreciate it and if you have any tips they are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance !
Last edited by gc318 at Aug 30, 2016,
Quote by gc318
Maybe in a future I could move to some other gender.

haha ok bruce
Check out my band Disturbed
i've seen like 5 threads on this topic ln that last couple months

same poster?

really, my response is always: have fun, don't worry about making amazing music, just have fun, record your shit, put it on youtube, oh and have fun
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I remember auditioning for a band in the early 00's and they stressed the point to me about how all they play is down strokes. That made me want to puke. So I never went back. I did like the music on the demo CD they gave me but I never wanted to limit my playing like that.

Few years later, there they were on tv and with music videos and I was watching them. There's no moral here, just a yarn. Do what you want man.
Lainad nailed it
Have fun
Learning to play with other people is a useful skill
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
Learning to play with other people is a useful skill

learning to pass middle school English class is a better skill
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Have fun,

But what you really need is a new amp
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by gc318
Hi mates! I was jamming thispast weekend with a guy because he wants to form a band. He has some songs written already and he aims to play rythm guitar, so he was looking for a lead guitarist. The thing is I've never been in a band before, but when we jammed together he liked it, how it sounded. However, Im more into blues/rock style, whereas his intention is to form a rock/punk band like Offspring and that, so he asked me if I would be up for it, because he noticed my style was perhaps a bit away from it. However, I thought I should give it a try, because of the opportunity of playing along with other and experience how it feels like being in a band. Maybe in a future I could move to some other STYLE.

I just want you to give your opinion about this, if you think its fine to sstart with something like this or if, instead I should switch to the gender I want to play (blues and rock). Any tips for this new stage of my amateur music trip? Please be as honest as possible, I would appreciate it and if you have any tips they are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance !

Compromise and do Gaslight Anthem covers.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by theogonia777
learning to pass middle school English class is a better skill

As is succinctness
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day