Bullshit
7 54%
like wow
6 46%
jfc
8 62%
Voters: 13.
Page 1 of 6
She seems like a bitch but I doubt this will change her so I guess I don't really see the point
1) she said silly thing

2) suspension is silly

3) comparisons to other athletes are silly

My God, it's full of stars!
this is a beefy situation!

who cares
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Somebody should play goalkeeper for that gash.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It seems she's going solo, amirite?

Anyways .. dunno. One one hand I don't see how those comments would merit such a long suspension. But then again it's about international football and in 6 months nothing happens basically. And then again the US women football organization has certain rules and stuff its associates and players need to follow and if not being a cunt is one of those and you are a cunt I can't say much about it if they decide to suspend you.

Personally I'd just let her get berated online and whatever and scold her in private, no need for suspension.
isn't that like a star wars character or some shit
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
^ no

but she soon will be in episode LXIV: A New Strike Back at Women's Soccer Returns

OT tho, I did think it was a pretty stupid thing to say, what happened to sportsmanship win or lose?
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Don't google pics of her cunt

That is all

Quote by theogonia777
isn't that like a star wars character or some shit

Quote by Gatecrasher53
^ no

but she soon will be in episode LXIV: A New Strike Back at Women's Soccer Returns

OT tho, I did think it was a pretty stupid thing to say, what happened to sportsmanship win or lose?

Ahem
She will play the sarlacc
I think that's it's a pretty unjust suspension compared to the idea that other sports have given far less punishments for far more hurtful actions. There's a football player for Baylor who is suspended for only 3 games because he beat his dog. There's an NFL player who is only getting four games for purposely trying to injure other players.

A soccer player called other soccer players cowards for playing a defensive game and gets her contract shredded. There's a disconnect here.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
The comments were unacceptable. She acted shamefully and it warranted disciplinary action.

The suspension is grossly disproportionate.

She's still an entitled bitch who doesn't get it.

But a great athlete.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Governing Body SLAMS Hope Solo
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Seems about right in the Politically Correct world we live in where you can't say anything without offending someone.

She was out of line for sure but for lack of Political Correctness she must be made an example of, so punishment is probably a bit harsh.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

And while many applauded the decision, some have questioned whether Solo, who has been crusading for better pay for female players, was punished more harshly than a male player would have been

lol of course people go down this road
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
lol of course people go down this road

I'm not generally known as one of those people but in this case there seems to me to be enough evidence to support the contention.
Charles Darwin
Quote by EyeNon15
What evidence would that be?

A whole host of male athletes that have said and done things significantly more grievous than calling an opposing team cowards eliciting little or no disciplinary action.

Fuck's sake, Brady actually conspired to rig the contest in a championship game and he's suspended for a few games, she said something mean and she's out for 6 months and loses her contract?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
A whole host of male athletes that have said and done things significantly more grievous than calling an opposing team cowards eliciting little or no disciplinary action.

Fuck's sake, Brady actually conspired to rig the contest in a championship game and he's suspended for a few games, she said something mean and she's out for 6 months and loses her contract?

The charge was whether or not her crusading for more money for female players was the reason for her stiff suspension, where a male player campaigning for more money would not have been.

There is a long history of male athletes being completely blackballed from their careers for such anti establishment crusades. Not mere suspensions.
Male sports formed unions in attempts to protect themselves from such treatment and they still get blackballed from time to time.
Check out cases of Curt Flood and Chris Jackson for a start. Blackballing is way worse than a mere suspension.
Quote by EyeNon15
The charge was whether or not her crusading for more money for female players was the reason for her stiff suspension, where a male player campaigning for more money would not have been.

There is a long history of male athletes being completely blackballed from their careers for such anti establishment crusades. Not mere suspensions.
Male sports formed unions in attempts to protect themselves from such treatment and they still get blackballed from time to time.
Check out cases of Curt Flood and Chris Jackson for a start. Blackballing is way worse than a mere suspension.

It seems to me that's a separate issue that, while related, should not be conflated. While I understand what you're saying, that wasn't what I was discussing.

On this topic, you seem to be implying that even without this outburst she would have faced sanctions, which I don't believe is supportable.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Aug 31, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
It seems to me that's a separate issue that, while related, should not be conflated. While I understand what you're saying, that wasn't what I was discussing.

On this topic, you seem to be implying that even without this outburst she would have faced sanctions, which I don't believe is supportable.

".....some have questioned whether Solo, who has been crusading for better pay for female players, was punished more harshly than a male player would have been"

They were conflated before I got involved.
Why is that comment about her crusading for better pay even mentioned if there isn't some implication that it had something to do with her suspension.

It's not like they are saying ...Solo, who has brown hair, was punished more harshly than a male player would have....
And of course when we are speaking of unequal gender based punishments let's keep quiet on Hope Solo's domestic violence charges history for which she recieved zero professional punishment.
Can't let that get in the way of good old fashioned - it's so unfair for women - politics.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Aug 31, 2016,
I always preferred Chewbacca to Solo anyway...

Oh yeah...the suspension of Solo was unwarranted. So she's a bad sport....at least she's not out biting people on the field.
Quote by whywefight
if we start punishing women for hysteria, women's sports would no longer be a thing amirite fellas

:')
Free Ali
Quote by EyeNon15
".....some have questioned whether Solo, who has been crusading for better pay for female players, was punished more harshly than a male player would have been"

They were conflated before I got involved.
Why is that comment about her crusading for better pay even mentioned if there isn't some implication that it had something to do with her suspension.

I didn't say you initiated the conflation, although you seem happy enough to persist in it...

As I said, for me there are two issues under discussion and my initial response addressed one of them. If you would like to discuss either, I'm game, but your comments here aren't moving the conversation ahead at all.

Quote by EyeNon15
And of course when we are speaking of unequal gender based punishments let's keep quiet on Hope Solo's domestic violence charges history for which she recieved zero professional punishment.
Can't let that get in the way of good old fashioned - it's so unfair for women - politics.

Have those charges been adjudicated yet? Unless I'm missing something it would seem premature to discipline her for something that is as of yet unproven?
Charles Darwin
When you agree with the statement of two conflated issues how am I supposed to guess which part or parts of it you are agreeing with?

Are you saying that a male athlete that simply called the other team "fucking cowards" would not get as harsh of a punishment? Probably not, but when male athletes have a history of questionable issues (which Hope Solo does) off the field they are very often punished severely for a minor discretion because it's treated as a last straw of sorts.

This is what I believe happened in this case, Solo has a rap sheet of off the field issues and this was her last straw so to speak.
Quote by EyeNon15
When you agree with the statement of two conflated issues how am I supposed to guess which part or parts of it you are agreeing with?

When the last part of my response statement is "she said something mean and she's out for 6 months and loses her contract? " I'm probably not discussing the pay issues.

Quote by EyeNon15
Are you saying that a male athlete that simply called the other team "fucking cowards" would not get as harsh of a punishment? Probably not, but when male athletes have a history of questionable issues (which Hope Solo does) off the field they are very often punished severely for a minor discretion because it's treated as a last straw of sorts.

This is what I believe happened in this case, Solo has a rap sheet of off the field issues and this was her last straw so to speak.

And you may be right, but it still appears discriminatory.

Look, according to everything I've read about her, I don't think she's a decent person at all, but she should still be treated professionally by the league even if she's being unprofessional and that should include not imposing what seems to be an excessive sanction for the claimed offense.

If there's reason to impose sanctions for other offenses, then do it, but don't hide it behind this one. That's cowardice.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
When the last part of my response statement is "she said something mean and she's out for 6 months and loses her contract? " I'm probably not discussing the pay issues.

And you may be right, but it still appears discriminatory.

Look, according to everything I've read about her, I don't think she's a decent person at all, but she should still be treated professionally by the league even if she's being unprofessional and that should include not imposing what seems to be an excessive sanction for the claimed offense.

If there's reason to impose sanctions for other offenses, then do it, but don't hide it behind this one. That's cowardice.

I agree, I've never been a fan of trumping up minor charges just to catch a bad guy.

That has nothing to do with her receiving harsher punishment simply for being a woman.
In fact it appears to me that she has been treated very leniently in her career, much more leniently than a male athlete would have.

What modern male athlete would recieve no professional punishment at all for being arrested for violently assaulting a woman and a 17 year old boy?? It wouldn't happen.
For God sakes he saved Luke's life during the battle to destroy the death star.
Quote by EyeNon15

What modern male athlete would recieve no professional punishment at all for being arrested for violently assaulting a woman and a 17 year old boy?? It wouldn't happen.

As I said earlier, it would be inappropriate to sanction her for that until a court has made a determination.

As I understand it, the "17 year old boy" in question is 6' 8" and weighs #270, is highly athletic and there seems to be a dispute as to who was the aggressor so maybe we should wait a while on that condemnation.

Quote by WaterGod
For God sakes he saved Luke's life during the battle to destroy the death star.

No, you're thinking of Samwise Gamgee...
Charles Darwin
women athletes will get paid equally when they're equally interesting to watch
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan

My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by StewieSwan

I wonder, why are they less interesting? Is it perception or reality?

Would it help if they used the Beach Volleyball uniforms?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that for some unrefined neanderthals it would...

me included
Charles Darwin