Hey there. I have been seeing a lot of songs with chords where you don't play a string but you play the string before and after it. How do I do this? Do I pick one note and use my third finger for the other three notes? How about muting it with my fretting hand? I have also seen chords where it says mute on the string but in the same song it has chords where you don't play it at all. Thanks.
you can pretty much do either method you suggested (or both at once). there's probably going to be some form of muting with your fretting hand, though, nomatter what you do (even with the chords you mentioned where it doesn't specifically say to mute).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?