i will start with the guitar. It is a 2003 fender showmaster, literally brand new, i pulled the plastic off and even have the hangtags. i bought one for $215 brand new (back in 2003), this one i paid $300 for. identical except the new one has a trem, and doesn't have the inlay as the other one. they are MIK (which i am generally not fond of), but both of these guitars are just flat-out-fucking-tastic. the one i have had forever is in C#std with 12's, the new one is in standard with 9's (i normally use .11's) but i like having at least one superstrat type of thing with light strings on for each the house and studio. ohh yeah, the new one has a nice brass tremolo block. the one i have had since 2003 has a gibson 490R in it (don't know why, but i like it for stoner type of stuff), the new one's stock pickup isn't half bad. i am probably leaving it. it has a good compromise between rhythm and lead, clean and dirty. i love this one. if i find a third for the price, i will buy another. i am a whore.

here is the pair!

now onto the pedals and the pedalboard.

the first is the pedal i have is a pigtronix philosopher's king. it is a compressor with a few tricks. it has a swell mode and a fade mode, lots of fun, but usable as well. i like the compressor a lot, the swell mode is AWESOME, the fade is just OK. it was a SDOTD and i got it really cheap. there are tons of jacks and ins and outs, but i haven't really explored it a whole lot.

the next pedal is a (surprise) malekko ekko 616. $80. i can never have enough delays, this is my third malekko delay. i love these delays, flexible sound great, more than you could ever ask for IMO. especially for what i paid.

here is the pedalboard:

the malekko delay isn't pictured, the one that is on that rig is the lo-fi one. they are both great.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Nice haul!

Thank goodness the inlay differs so you can easily keep The Twins sorted.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Nice haul!

Thank goodness the inlay differs so you can easily keep The Twins sorted.

yeah, pretty much. lol. thanks!

Quote by nickdohle
I have always been very fond of the clean lines on the showmasters. HNGD!

thanks, they do have nice lines, especially when you feel how natural they are while you are playing.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wonder if these were made in the same factory as the Squier Stagemasters? I've got a v4 (set neck, 24 fret, HSH, Floyd) Stagemaster and other than the obvious configuration differences I wonder how different they actually are?

Nice score on both though!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Aug 31, 2016,
Nice haul. I've always liked the showmasters. Always happy for another delay to look at as well.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Sweet! I like the Showmasters, poor unloved things. The US one I had was a great guitar, the Enforcer pickups it had sounded surprisingly nice, and the trem was as stable as all get out even if it wasn't a "real" Floyd.

Some of the finishing work wasn't done so well, but for what I got it for I couldn't complain.

I had one of the sunburst Korean jobs as well, also a very nice guitar, but I didn't love it enough to keep it around over other gear purchases.

HNGD man
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Nice haul, HNGD

The Showmasters were really cool. I remember I used to play one quite often when I was trying out gear. Was S/S/S with the S-1 switching and a flame top. Really killer guitars and I really dug how they played. I've definitely played the br00tz style one you bought as well
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
How do you like the Zvex? Is it like any standard circuit (muff, FF, etc.?)
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve

I believe they are vaguely FF
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Sweet axes and board! HNGD
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Quote by Arby911
I wonder if these were made in the same factory as the Squier Stagemasters? I've got a v4 (set neck, 24 fret, HSH, Floyd) Stagemaster and other than the obvious configuration differences I wonder how different they actually are?

Nice score on both though!!

What year range? mine are both 2003.

Quote by Maidenheadsteve

I love it. nasty fuzz, it is almost too much for common uses, but wicked fun to play with. I don't know what it is based on.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Those Fenders are bonerific!

Your pedalboard is coming along nicely

Thanks 311!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by dementiacaptain
Sweet! I like the Showmasters, poor unloved things. The US one I had was a great guitar, the Enforcer pickups it had sounded surprisingly nice, and the trem was as stable as all get out even if it wasn't a "real" Floyd.

Some of the finishing work wasn't done so well, but for what I got it for I couldn't complain.

I had one of the sunburst Korean jobs as well, also a very nice guitar, but I didn't love it enough to keep it around over other gear purchases.

HNGD man

They are definitely unloved for what they are. the craftsmanship is actually pretty solid imo. I also think that the trem on the new one was pretty good at staying in tune.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
What year range? mine are both 2003.

Between 2000-2002.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Between 2000-2002.

probably could be then. huh.

by any chance do you have a pic? you have me curious.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
probably could be then. huh.

by any chance do you have a pic? you have me curious.

Link sent in PM.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Link sent in PM.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by mikesr1963

Well said, sir.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by mikesr1963

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Well said, sir.

Thanks cath!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Happy New Guitar Day.

And whatever you do, do let that woman try it out before she takes that damned bustier off. Those buckles would kill a perfect finish in less than 30 seconds...
Nice haul Trashed! There is something about a clean, simple, all business guitar that just works.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Captaincranky
Happy New Guitar Day.

And whatever you do, do let that woman try it out before she takes that damned bustier off. Those buckles would kill a perfect finish in less than 30 seconds...

Quote by Cajundaddy
Nice haul Trashed! There is something about a clean, simple, all business guitar that just works.

Thanks Cajun!

every the stock humbucker isn't half bad, workable. that saves me $100.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Awesome.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by trashedlostfdup

every the stock humbucker isn't half bad, workable. that saves me $100.

Aces!

Quote by diabolical
Congrats! One of the very few Fenders that I like.

Thanks!

It is one of their very few deviations from bolt-on necks and pickguards that litter the fender catalogs. . lol. and... like their other attempts at similar guitars, this wasn't financially profitable as a company. lol. I love though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!