Page 1 of 2
So I have a really short fuse when it comes to dealing with people; both at work and in my personal life. My patience is about as thin as the hairline of a 45 year old balding man, and I have barely any tolerance for stupidity, ignorance and idiocy. However I have to deal with people in order to get through life and in order to form relationships and eventually be happy, so I have to play ball. What do you guys do in order to deal with people effectively and not go home and drink a whole bottle of vodka?
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by RBM01991
So I have a really short fuse when it comes to dealing with people; both at work and in my personal life. My patience is about as thin as the hairline of a 45 year old balding man, and I have barely any tolerance for stupidity, ignorance and idiocy. However I have to deal with people in order to get through life and in order to form relationships and eventually be happy, so I have to play ball. What do you guys do in order to deal with people effectively and not go home and drink a whole bottle of vodka?

I stopped being an asshole.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
RBM01991

I go home and I drink. So you're pretty much on track with your line of thinking.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
I turned 16 and realized no one thinks being an edgelord who espouses his hatred for people is cool.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Last edited by chrismendiola at Aug 31, 2016,
Moving out of jobs where I have to deal with customers helped.
Listening to and making music with my two bands helps
Sex helps
Alcohol helps
Accepting that no one is perfect and people often judge me as severly as I judge them helped.

Being angry at someone is like drinking poison and expecting them to die. Just let it go
Quote by chrismendiola
I turned 16 and realized no one thinks being an edgelord who espoused his hatred for people is cool.

My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do... I just fuckin' hate this forum. And the human worms feasting on its corpse. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to post violently. This is the time of shitposting, and no post is worth saving. And I will put in the forum as many as I can. It's time for me to type. And it's time for me to shitpost. My forum crusade begins here.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Yeah just be more tolerant. Not with your actions, but your emotions. If someone's an idiot and you need to argue with them about something important then do so and put them in their place, but there is no need to blow a fuse and fuck shit up.

And try to have the mentality of making the other people better. Are they stupid or ignorant? Try to make them realize their own status and convince them to change themselves (e.g convince them to seek other opinions, etc). Try to understand why they have those views or act that way, and after you do use that to make them realize that too.
Quote by gonzaw
Yeah just be more tolerant. Not with your actions, but your emotions. If someone's an idiot and you need to argue with them about something important then do so and put them in their place, but there is no need to blow a fuse and fuck shit up.

And try to have the mentality of making the other people better. Are they stupid or ignorant? Try to make them realize their own status and convince them to change themselves (e.g convince them to seek other opinions, etc). Try to understand why they have those views or act that way, and after you do use that to make them realize that too.
i'm not sure telling arrogant wankers to make other people be more like them is a good idea
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by TobusRex
Since when?

A while ago, unlike someone.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by gonzaw
Try to make them realize their own status and convince them to change themselves (e.g convince them to seek other opinions, etc). Try to understand why they have those views or act that way, and after you do use that to make them realize that too.

Definitely do not do this.
Free Ali
Free Lard
I stopped being a baby and realized other people have their own shit to worry about and it isnt all about me.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by zgr0826
I stopped being an asshole.

How did you stop? I mean I'm serious here, I don't know what to do? I didn't pay attention/didn't care when I was younger.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Oh, come on. You know when you're being an asshole to somebody.

It's intentional even if it's done as a reaction. You know when you start feeling like you're gonna get mad. So stop winding yourself up and get a grip.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by RBM01991
How did you stop? I mean I'm serious here, I don't know what to do? I didn't pay attention/didn't care when I was younger.

I learned how to let things go and when to realize things weren't worth getting mad about. For me, it was a combination of counseling, self-reflection, and finding a philosophy that worked for me. It may be different for you, but you first have to start by thinking about what makes you mad, and why it does. You already have stated that you want to change, and that's a major step, so that's awesome. Use that momentum to keep yourself going. Self-change is one of the hardest things we can do, but goddamn does it feel good once we've accomplished it.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh, come on. You know when you're being an asshole to somebody.

Sometimes people don't. Self-monitoring / mindfulness is a lost art in modern society as we are constantly going and going. Sometimes we have to reteach ourselves to think about what we're feeling and thinking in the moment.

Quote by ErikLensherr

i drink the bottle of vodka at work
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by zgr0826
Sometimes people don't.

I just don't agree with that at all. I think people are pretty conscious of what they are doing and if they aren't then I would guess something deeper is going on than "oh I hate this guy he always says something stupid" etc...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I just don't agree with that at all. I think people are pretty conscious of what they are doing and if they aren't then I would guess something deeper is going on than "oh I hate this guy he always says something stupid" etc...

There's a lot of research into mindfulness. It's becoming an important field in psychology; we're increasingly just reacting to stimuli without really thinking about why we're doing it because of the way we're conditioned with rapid communication and information overload.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
There's a lot of research into mindfulness. It's becoming an important field in psychology; we're increasingly just reacting to stimuli without really thinking about why we're doing it because of the way we're conditioned with rapid communication and information overload.

Armchair psychology aside, are people really that ignorant of their actions or are people just not willing to admit how shitty they are?

Either way, it's not my problem. I take responsibility for my own.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Armchair psychology aside,

Rude. One of my professors was an expert in mindfulness. This is legit stuff from the literature. Assumptions aside...

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
are people really that ignorant of their actions or are people just not willing to admit how shitty they are?

Like most either/or questions, it's a bit of both. Some people completely lack self-awareness, others are total asshats, and the other 90% are on the spectrum in-between the two extremes.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
Rude. One of my professors was an expert in mindfulness. This is legit stuff from the literature. Assumptions aside...

Like most either/or questions, it's a bit of both. Some people completely lack self-awareness, others are total asshats, and the other 90% are on the spectrum in-between the two extremes.

Sure, I can agree with that.

But IMO I think a lot of people are moreso inclined to play ignorant than admit they have a problem. I'm just a layman though so who cares right?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'm just a layman though so who cares right?

No dude, be like Bill Nye and become an expert at everything so you can make some people on the internet flustered.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
No dude, be like Bill Nye and become an expert at everything so you can make some people on the internet flustered.

I already am but I don't get a fucking TV show or a medal.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Fat Lard

I don't trust anybody with Austin as a last name.

You turn your back on em once and you get a Stunner for your trouble.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I already am but I don't get a fucking TV show or a medal.

Then make a local channel give you airtime every week. Get started there, and then work your way up to booty-blasting all over the world.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
Then make a local channel give you airtime every week. Get started there, and then work your way up to booty-blasting all over the world.

That seems like a lot of work.

Can I just be Eric Andre and pretend to be smart but just do awful physical comedy and make ridiculous comments? I have 2 of the 3 down I just gotta get out of the house so I can actually be physical.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I stopped being a baby and realized other people have their own shit to worry about and it isnt all about me.

Yes it is

edit: 'me', not you of course
Quote by zgr0826
My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do... I just fuckin' hate this forum. And the human worms feasting on its corpse. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to post violently. This is the time of shitposting, and no post is worth saving. And I will put in the forum as many as I can. It's time for me to type. And it's time for me to shitpost. My forum crusade begins here.

this is beautiful

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
this is beautiful

Thank you. I try.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Fat Lard

Oh great, more reasons for me to hate Mass.

Fuck, why couldn't you guys just leave it at the accent?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Here's the background:

And the playlist for this thread:

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
Here's the background:

And the playlist for this thread:

Mayors need midi support and this should be the theme

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Mayors need midi support and this should be the theme

Now there's a million dollar idea.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Page 1 of 2